Your First Day Of School - Page 4

--

September 4th, 2004  
silent driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
I start on the 7th...
Same here. I'm ready to go! Got me a drill team to lead to victory in some sort of competition somewhere...
September 4th, 2004  
Skinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
I need 24 credits too. I'll be able to graduate by the end of my junior year, but i'll stick around for 12th grade. I'm a fresman 8)
Dude, how do you get 24 credits? We only need 22.5 to graduate over here.
September 4th, 2004  
silent driller

For my school, 22 for a "standard" diploma(minimum to graduate) and 24+ for an "advanced" diploma. Right now I'm on track for a 23 cred. I won't tell the story.
--
September 5th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

We need 200 credits to graduate over here.... Perhaps this is on a different scale.
September 5th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
I need 24 credits too. I'll be able to graduate by the end of my junior year, but i'll stick around for 12th grade. I'm a fresman 8)
Dude, how do you get 24 credits? We only need 22.5 to graduate over here.
I'll give you a schedule of my high school years. Marching band .5, Honors Lit. 1, Symphonic Band 1, Football .5, Spanish2 1, Biology 1, Honors Geo 1, Honors World History 1, Swimming .5, Jazz Band .5 : that totals to 8 credits mulitiplied by 3 equals 24 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
We need 200 credits to graduate over here.... Perhaps this is on a different scale.
Technically its 240.0 credits, but move the decimal to the left one digit and Bam 24 credits
September 5th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

.5 credits for football, explain that?
September 5th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

we get .5 for marching band also. Why did you multiply your credits times 3?

You only get one credit for your honors classes? I'm really confused.

How do you figure out how many credits you get?
September 5th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Heres the deal with my school, and most schools In MD, although Im Private. Classes are either 1 or .5 credits, never more, with people ussually taking 6-7 credits a year, which gives you 24-28 credits when its all done. However In AP classes you can get a number of collage credits depending On how the collage see's fit.
September 5th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
.5 credits for football, explain that?
eh. all p.e classes are .5 credits; im not on the varsity team so i dont have to practice every day for 3 hr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycadet142
Why did you multiply your credits times 3?

You only get one credit for your honors classes? I'm really confused.
All the classes at my school are either 1 or .5 credits, but the grades are weighted depending on the difficulty of the class. Im going to take about 8 credits per year, so by the end of my junior year i'll have enough credits to graduate. 8 credits X 3years (9,10,11gr) = 24 credits.

Mod Edit: Fixed your quote for ya! ~JES
September 6th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

Quote:

200????? DUDE LET'S PRAY IT'S ON A DIFFERENT SCALE.