Worst World War II tank? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Worst World War II tank?
Matilda I 2 40.00%
M11/39 0 0%
Turan I 0 0%
Toldi 0 0%
7TP 1 20.00%
T-18 1 20.00%
Type 89 0 0%
Pzkw I 1 20.00%
T-35 0 0%
R-35 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

--

June 30th, 2004  
Gunner13

Quote:
Are you talking about my assasment?
Your assessment of the Sherman? YES
June 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
I think the worst WW2 tank was Bob Sempl's tank(not sure about the name). I was made in new Zealand, and it was actually caterpillar fitted with machine guns and armor.
How many were built?
June 30th, 2004  
Maciste

As I read in one webpage, (sory but I cannot remember the url now) just a few units of Bob Semple tanks were built just to be used in a military parade on New Zealand capitol (Wellington, isn't it?) as a civil morale booster. Well. it seems that it wasn't exactly a morale booster, but a laugh booster. The tank seemed so ridiculous it was never seen again.
--
July 1st, 2004  
rovai

Neubaufahrzeug (NBFZ, also known as "Rheinmetall") is another example of bad tank. It is a huge monster, with 20mm armor.

http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/BeforeWWII/NBFZ/nbfz.gif

Only 3 were made, and they actually broke down before they even saw combat.

Sorry for the huge pic, it is the only good chart of NBFZ I could find.

Mod:That was too big a pic, sorrey, I changed it to URL
July 1st, 2004  
SoonToBeTankSarge

i am going to bust the bubble here cuase from what i have heard, the M3 honey, while easy to drive * for it's time, you had to use two hands or one small sledge hammer to move levers and such* was a very very poor tank for use against anything, i have a book by a WWII Captain, the Captains names was Robert Crisp and the book he wrote was Brazen Chariots, he told accounts of the smaller German Panzer II's main gun *i believe a 50 mm, i could be wrong* made a "Complete Armor Penetration, Front to Rear of the M3 Stuart Light Tank" and i am sorry, but i vote for that being the worst tank for there time
July 1st, 2004  
rovai

You are wrong about Pz-2. It had 20mm gun(automatic I think), it wasnt AP, so either you mean Pz-3(which had 37mm gun) or M-3 had the worst armor ever.

And nothing to be sorry about, its your opinion.
July 2nd, 2004  
SoonToBeTankSarge

the M3 Stuart had the worst armor .... the driver had a 2 foot hole to crawl through to get out, it made a good target, this dark hole in the front of the tank , i feel sorry for those drivers, and thanks, i knew that the Panzer II had a cannon, i was just unsure of what one
July 2nd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Panzer Mk2- 20mm KwK30/38.Some later versions had the 50mm KwK L60.

Panzer Mk3- 37mm KwK35 L47, Later versions had 50mm KwK38 L42, and even 75mm KwK37 L24....

The M3 had really bad armour....
July 2nd, 2004  
SoonToBeTankSarge

yeah, cool, i never new the refitted the old MK II's in germany, but i am the guy who studies the Tiger's, P 1000's, Muas's and E-100's, so that lil struff would really by just a toy in my way seeing as how the M3 was less than half the tiger's weight and all the others were over 100 tons , so yeah, i don't like any light tanks, but i think the M3 deserves the spot light for being absolutely useless in protection , here is a quote on general bradley about the M3 Stuarts and M3 & White Halftracks
Gen. Bradley"well soldier, do the machine guns penetrate the armor?"
Solider " well no sir, they come in one side, and rattle around alot."

i am sorry, but that would do two things
piss me off/ kill me
make me find a better tank or a new job