Worst Fighter Aircraft - Page 3

--

June 29th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

I think I would vote for Me-163(can't remember more suicidal plane). Poor pilots were dieing in the worst conditions, killed by acid
June 30th, 2004  
kouryu

The F-4 phantom was ahead of its time really for a fighter aircraft and thats a large reason why it is not one of the most liked.
It was missile-only from the get-go when the world of aviation combat was still in the machine-gun era. Not to mention the early sidewinders had a hit rate of like 40% or less, and once you used them up you were SOL.

People started putting machine-gun pods on them and I understand they worked very well.
July 1st, 2004  
Mark Conley

yep..366th Tactical Fighter Wing, based at DaNang Air Base in the Republic of Viet Nam. they put 20 mm cannon pods mounted on the centerline of the F-4 in viet nam...evened things out a lot.

http://www.foxonedecals.com/index.ht...tml&lang=en-us

heres a short site on it. theirs a better site if you search for the 366th fighter squadron.

http://www.366fightergroupassoc.org/ aw here it is
--
July 1st, 2004  
silent driller

I say the MiG 15 was trash compared to the Sabre.
July 14th, 2004  
Sgt Lou

Israel has one of the best air forces around because of their ability to adapt to different situations (also they train in the mountains so when they mess up they lose an aircraft)
July 14th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
Israel has one of the best air forces around because of their ability to adapt to different situations (also they train in the mountains so when they mess up they lose an aircraft)
How is that related?
July 18th, 2004  
GADefence

The Messerchmitt BF 110 was probably the worst fighter of WW2.

As far as figthers in the new age, probably the Star Figther.
July 23rd, 2004  
Bootboy82

The Lockheed F-104 'Starfighter' is definitively one of the worst airplanes ever. It is the model that caused the highest rate of deadly accidents due to mechanical errors in the german air force after world war II. Therefor it was also called 'widowmaker'.
July 23rd, 2004  
Bootboy82

Topic: Re: Okay I was wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
There is something worse than a Natter...i did not know this, but there was a human guided version of the V-1 buzz bomb. man, how did you convince anyone to crawl into one of those?
It's true that there were manned versions of the V-1 but they never went to action.
54 of them were build and all were captured by the American army. They were brought back to the US for further development to use them against Japan. But luckily this didn't happen either.
July 23rd, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Topic: Re: Okay I was wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
There is something worse than a Natter...i did not know this, but there was a human guided version of the V-1 buzz bomb. man, how did you convince anyone to crawl into one of those?
Simply, like kamikazies.....