Worst Fighter Aircraft - Page 2

--

March 13th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Dang.

No MERCY Posted:
Quote:
Now a days the worst plane is the F-4E. It is the slowest and the radar system isn't all that great. I would never fly and be in a dog fight with that plane.
Compared with what? Some Air Forces fly old migs that are much worse. The F4 prooved to be a deadly opponent to any plane that met it. Its a work horse. Its not at all slow, faster then the F16. Not nimble, but with good pilots that shouldent matter. I think its a great plane.
March 14th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: maybe

Maybe I was wrong but compared to an SU-37R or an F-22 it is slow. Even an F-15 does better. But it is a fighter plane and we use it so it must be some what good. okay. I'm soory for my stupidity lately guys it won't happen any more.
March 14th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: yes

I have the Phantom's top speed- 2.27 mach(1302 knots)
--
March 15th, 2004  
BunYap

In May 1998, when the aircraft was celebrating 40 years in the air, the Phantom was still flying in defence of of eight nations-Egypt, Germany, Isreal, Japan, South Korea, Spain and Turkey. Egypt, Germany, Isreal, Japan, South Korea, and Turkey have under taken a plan to upgrade their F-4s and keep them flying until 2015, nearly 60 years after the phantom's first flight on May 27 1958
March 16th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Oh yes..

Oh yeah...And the Israeli Air Force flyes them, and we dont fly bad planes.EVER!
March 24th, 2004  
ruger322003

Topic: Re: worst

I think you are wrong the f-4 was a real good aircraft it is still being used today by japan and isreal.
The F-4E is a good aircraft heres a story of an old display plain that sat on a tarmac at an Air National Guard Base.The plain was going to be shipped to be put on display in a museum the plain sat for a longtime without being flown the mantaince crews came out and inspected it and it passed alll preflight inspections but it still couldnt be flown becuase the e-seat was demilitarized.The plain sat for 10yrs.
June 28th, 2004  
Maciste

The Fairey Battle was classified as a Light Bomber by the RAf, if I'm not wrong. Nevertheless, it was a damned poor design... I think that one that get close to it is the Boulton Paul Defiant, a strange design of a fighter with a rotating turret where all the weapons were te be fixed... but no weapons on the nose. Quickly destroyed by the Me-109.
June 28th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciste
The Fairey Battle was classified as a Light Bomber by the RAf, if I'm not wrong. Nevertheless, it was a damned poor design... I think that one that get close to it is the Boulton Paul Defiant, a strange design of a fighter with a rotating turret where all the weapons were te be fixed... but no weapons on the nose. Quickly destroyed by the Me-109.
The pilots that flew boulton paul soon realized that they were meat on the table for the ME 109 individually..until they started defending themselves by flying in pairs, and both going into a eqal distance circular flight path when attacked..the moving turret guns could cover and shoot down the attacking aircraft that was trying to kill the other defiant. Using these tactics made it somewhat easier to survive. according to the web sites, they made good nite fighters...
June 28th, 2004  
Maciste

Well... I won't dismiss the heroic behavior of RAF but... ¿did the Heinkel 111 be ever nothing more than a sitting duck against any kind of fighter?
June 29th, 2004  
Grimnar

I think the He-162 Volksjaeger was the worst of them all. A single jet fighter designed to be produced cheap and in large quantity at the end of WW2. They even started to train Hitler youth as pilots for the Volksjaeger. Most of the Volksjaeger losses were from flying accidents, due to problems as engine flame-outs and structural failures.