World War 2 Aircraft purchasing

--

March 17th, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Topic: World War 2 Aircraft purchasing

Do you guys know where there are world war 2 airworthy aircraft being sold.

If you have a link to a website that has info on this can you post it.
April 21st, 2005  
AussieNick

www.findaircraft.com

Best bet would be to keep an eye on a site like this, but I doubt very highly that youd find one that wasn't in the hands of a very stubborn collector.
July 29th, 2005  
LeEnfield

Thet get sold off all over the place, mosy of them have one big price tag on them. A WW2 Spitfire will sell for about a Million Sterling
--
July 29th, 2005  
Arclight

I think there are a few P-38's under the ice in Greenland you can recover for cheaper than buying one.

I'd love to own a P-38, TBD-1, or a PBY Catalina.
July 31st, 2005  
LeEnfield

Arclight.....yes i saw that programe about recovring those planes from under the ice in Greenland. Just how far had they sunk into the ice, I think it was about 100 feet down and took them over two years to get to the plane. The ice had started to crush them with it's weight and took ages to get the plane back into flying order.
July 31st, 2005  
Arclight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield
Arclight.....yes i saw that programe about recovring those planes from under the ice in Greenland. Just how far had they sunk into the ice, I think it was about 100 feet down and took them over two years to get to the palne. The ice had started to crush them with it's weight and took ages to get the plane back into flying order.
Yea, it was quite amazing.
September 5th, 2005  
mmarsh

Check Warbirds Magazine. I sometimes see ads there. I have also seen a few on Ebay. I hope your brought your wallet for a WWII fighter starts at about $400,000 and goes way up.
September 5th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
Check Warbirds Magazine. I sometimes see ads there. I have also seen a few on Ebay. I hope your brought your wallet for a WWII fighter starts at about $400,000 and goes way up.
yea Warbirds is the best way to go
September 6th, 2005  
masterblaster

Topic: old planes

There are world war II planes around, but they cost big bucks, guzzle gas and usually require a tame mechanic in residence. If you havent just won the lottery, best bet is to buy on of the trainers available. Try to get a T-28. big radial, does over 300, and doesn't cost a fortune.
September 14th, 2005  
phoenix80

WarBirds Int'l magazine is full of Ads for Enthusiasts

I'd love to own a Mustang!