Women Heros in War - Page 2

--

January 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

She did what no French man has ever succeeded in; successfully defended France and expelled the invaders with no real foreign help.
February 1st, 2005  
rocco

boudicia (sp?)
February 1st, 2005  
Charge 7

boudicca

http://www.hhhh.org/maia/boudicca.html

Among many other sources. She was a helluva warrior alright.
--
February 2nd, 2005  
A Can of Man

Man, a lot of European women are huge and well built. It doesn't take much imagination to believe that they would have made good fighters.
February 2nd, 2005  
rocco

and great lovers if youre a masohist
February 2nd, 2005  
A Can of Man

February 3rd, 2005  
Charge 7

My sister, like myself, is 3/4 Scot and 1/4 German. She stands 5' 10" with flaming red hair and a build that has been described as being like a Frank Frazetta painting model. She grew up with four brothers and could well hold her own. I still remember when she knocked me out with one punch in the head for scaring her in the dark when we were in our teens. She could _be_ Boudicca alright. Don't have any fantasies about her though. Her husband stands 6' 11" and is a land surveyor (i.e. in good shape).
February 13th, 2005  
Vitaly

Soviet Female Snipers are the women that are the biggest heroes of war to me. What they did was incredible.
February 13th, 2005  
SwordFish_13

Hi,

Lakshmi Bai :

Quote:
Lakshmi Bai, the Rani of a principality called Jhansi in northern India, led an uprising against a takeover of her homeland by the British. She became a heroine and a symbol of resistance to the British rule.

The Indian queen Jhansi Ki Rani Lakshmibai (Lakshmibai, Queen of Jhansi) practiced the arts of war since childhood. Born a noblewoman, she married the Rajah of the state of Jhansi and became an accomplished military leader. She led her armies into battle and resisted the British to the bitter end. She killed many European men in battle with her own hand.

Source

Peace
-=SF_13=-
February 13th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Topic: Re: The White Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwick
Probably Australia's most famous female warrior and a heroine to the French resistance of WWII is Nancy Wake or as she was known to the French and the Germans the White Mouse.
A remarkable lady and not afraid to give an honest opinion about the realitys of war as many a reporter has discovered when interviewing her.
To prove herself to the resistance when she first worked with them (she was SOE?) she had to strangle or slit the throat of a captured German soldier. SHe did it.
Tough old bird.
she was a kiwi by birth i believe, she had some connection to NZ anyway and her few interviews are incredible....i had no dobt that this woman was very formidible