WMD's found in Iraq - Page 2

--

June 22nd, 2006  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
Oh is it? News was released this morning... where's the other one?
Humor him IG, good to see you again man. Actually the WMD news broke in 2001 but we let the naysayers shout us down.
June 22nd, 2006  
Missileer

Well, if Dan Rather, poster boy of the left, hadn't been kicked off the air for blatantly lieing, he could have broke this story.
June 22nd, 2006  
jaz-do

not exactly a "slam dunk".
--
June 22nd, 2006  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
Well, if Dan Rather, poster boy of the left, hadn't been kicked off the air for blatantly lieing, he could have broke this story.
Rather was canned for reporting a story he later couldnt verify, not for lying. I suspect the story itself is actually true, I mean how does it happen that in 5 person unit, nobody remembers you for a whole year. Mass amnesia? But as much as I despise Bush I wont fault him for this, lots of others ducked out of Vietnam he wasn't the only one. Look at Congress, very few of them actually went to Vietnam, although I do find Bush "War President" strutting highly amusing.

What about Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly poster boy of the right? When will FAUX NEWS get around to firing them for all the Fake News Stories these two poop out. And lets not deny this, I could write a bestseller on false, misleading, and distorted statements from these 2 alone but Al Franken already beat me to it.

Still nothing from other mainstream press I checked ABC News, the NYtimes, WSJ, Washington Post, La Times, and USAToday. The story has about as much truth in it as a used car salesmen.
June 22nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

The guy who sold me my used car seemed like a very honest person...heh..But on a serious note, the fact that other press hasn't posted the story doesn't mean its not true...I think moving0target is spot on. Bush bashers would jump on his back if they caught Osama Bin Ladin alive. They could fine thousands of WMDs and ICBMs and STILL think it was appropriate to say that Bush mislead the country...The fact is, the WMD news is old news. This is a declassified report, meaning that the news was fresh back in '01...We are just finding out about it..I dont know why, but we are. So think back to 2001. When the war was just starting...Do you think this would have changed the support a little? Of course it would have. Bush would have huge support because he had confirmed the WMDs over there. I have no idea why he chose to hold the info...but for whatever reason, he did.
June 22nd, 2006  
Damien435

So Bush dodged the war by joining the Guard and Clinton dodged the war by fleeing to Canada yet somehow Bush is the greater of the two traitors, hmm, something is really ed up here.
June 22nd, 2006  
mmarsh

Henderson

If you checked the list I mentioned there were a few right wing papers as well like the WSJ. The WSJ is a huge Bush backer, they have nothing on this. Even the most anti-Bush paper wouldnt cover up a story so big, they didnt cover up when they killed Zarquiwi or when Saddam was captured did they? I found about both on CNN breaking news. It was all over the headlines. Nor is this the first time that they have discovered left over WMDs from Iran-Iraq. And like this article those shells where in the same non-usable state as these were. So there is absolutly nothing at all to this story, its a regurgitation of 3 year old news. Things must really be bad if this is the best FOX can do.

MovingTarget

This war was sold on the fact that Saddam had a weapons PROGRAM. A program means that he was researching and producing WMDs. There BS line we were fed was that he was going to use this non-existant program to do all sorts of ill gotten deeds such as attack his neighbors, attack Europe, even attack the US. A few old unusable shells from 30 years ago doesnt qualify as weapons program, its simply junk. What Fox News is trying to do is blur the line between a actual program and a few relics that were most likely buried and forgotten about. Saddam disposed of lots of his chemicals in this fashion, this is not the first time a cache has been discovered.

Damien

I never said that, reread what I posted. In the 1960's the Guard was a way one avoided being sent to Vietnam. Times have changed since then. And if you want to compare Clinton and Bush on this issue they are equally guilty. Thats why I said "I don't fault Bush on this".
June 22nd, 2006  
Damien435

And now that we have solved that problem (Guard being a way out of actually having to do anything.) we have opened up a much larger can of worms from those who say that the Guard should not actually be used, especially not in war.
June 22nd, 2006  
sandy

Soon,Liberal may call WMD as Worst Military Demonstration.
OK.
I'll bet 100 dollars on their raising scheme theory of CIA.
June 22nd, 2006  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
And now that we have solved that problem (Guard being a way out of actually having to do anything.) we have opened up a much larger can of worms from those who say that the Guard should not actually be used, especially not in war.
True, but I happen to agree with that. I think the Guard shouldnt be used in combat except in thr case of a National Emergency. The Guards absence during KATRINA was particularily noticable.