Why?

--

July 12th, 2005  
BennettNC_156

Topic: Why?

How come when you tell somebody you want to be in the USMC, they always say "join the air force, you won't get brainwashed there!" I hate this. How come no one can respect the men who put their lives on the line and go in first, why do they instead always insult them?
July 12th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

no real insult there chief. Most of the branches are really competitive. We all in the Army talk smack on the Navy, Air Force and Marines. I am pretty sure they talk smack on us too.

Who ever said join the Air Force is probably quite loyal to that branch
July 12th, 2005  
03USMC

Every Service talks trash about the other services,espirt de corps.
--
July 13th, 2005  
ghost457

haha, iv been told to join the air force, but i cant fly, so that kinda ruined it for me........
July 13th, 2005  
MilidarUSMC

i joined the corps and i fly, only differnece is i fly to pick up the ground pounders on there hump from BFE to BFE. i try and do my part
July 13th, 2005  
Wallabies

And they still end up walking.
July 14th, 2005  
Starker

hmmm why do people always talk trash to Marines, well in my opinion they are either jealous haters or are just bitter
July 14th, 2005  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starker
hmmm why do people always talk trash to Marines, well in my opinion they are either jealous haters or are just bitter
We have something called, as has been mentioned, inter-service rivarly. If you're going to serve, you better have thick skin - you and your service of choice will hear "trash talking" at some point during your career. It is give and take - and generally meant with light heartededness.

Not everyone is jealous or bitter - sometimes, they're just joshing or giving an opinion. Different strokes for different folks, as they say.
July 15th, 2005  
03USMC

And it doesn't stop after you leave active duty. Navy, Marine, Army and Air Force and Coast Guard vets continue to ribb each other.
July 15th, 2005  
DTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
And it doesn't stop after you leave active duty. Navy, Marine, Army and Air Force and Coast Guard vets continue to ribb each other.
How can you say such a thing 03? Nobody ever called me a ground pounding bullet catcher or a stump jumping, gravel crunching leg It would so offend my sensitivities.
Seriously Bennett, these terms actually become sort of badges of honor and as Doody said, no real insult there.
Take Rndr's advice and develop a thick skin, you'll need it