Why Syria's Air Defenses Failed to Detect Israelis

rock45

Why Syria's Air Defenses Failed to Detect Israelis

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said the Israelis struck a construction site at Tall al-Abyad just south of the Turkish border on Sept. 6. Press reports from the region say witnesses saw the Israeli aircraft approach from the Mediterranean Sea while others found unmarked drop tanks in Turkey near the border with Syria. Israeli defense officials admitted Oct. 2 that the Israeli Air Force made the raid.
he big mystery of the strike is how did the non-stealthy F-15s and F-16s get through the Syrian air defense radars without being detected? Some U.S. officials say they have the answer.U.S. aerospace industry and retired military officials indicated today that a technology like the U.S.-developed “Suter” airborne network attack system developed by BAE Systems and integrated into U.S. unmanned aircraft by L-3 Communications was used by the Israelis. The system has been used or at least tested operationally in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last year.

Full story
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blog...79a7Post:2710d024-5eda-416c-b117-ae6d649146cd

Good link right

Hi phoenix80
I can spend days going through all the different links off this guys site or really military blog. I follow about six to eight military blogs besides the military news sites and other forums. This one blog I look at has Syria's SAM defense net mapped out in different colored rings. Another blog I check into covers the air forces and arms sales in Africa. The draw back to blogs are there not updated enough compared to active web sites. I always wanted to create one but I go off in so many different directions it wouldn't have a focus. I'm glad you like the post I find a lot of high end military blogs off the military news sites. I'm waiting on some info on the Algerian sales from one of the blog writers now. I found some info on the SMT Fulcrums deal but until I have a link there rumors and the internet are full of the those.

Hi phoenix80
I can spend days going through all the different links off this guys site or really military blog. I follow about six to eight military blogs besides the military news sites and other forums. This one blog I look at has Syria's SAM defense net mapped out in different colored rings. Another blog I check into covers the air forces and arms sales in Africa. The draw back to blogs are there not updated enough compared to active web sites. I always wanted to create one but I go off in so many different directions it wouldn't have a focus. I'm glad you like the post I find a lot of high end military blogs off the military news sites. I'm waiting on some info on the Algerian sales from one of the blog writers now. I found some info on the SMT Fulcrums deal but until I have a link there rumors and the internet are full of the those.

that's great! keep it up!

Back