Why Did You Join

Currently I am a c/PO3, 4th Plt 2nd Sqd Ldr, and Assistant Operations Officer (Junior Assistant) for Company.

I joined JROTC (originally at an AJROTC school) because my friends were in it and I was already firmly seated on joining the military after high school.

--c/PO3 Jared Woody
--Naval JROTC

Second Leiutenant Chris Rickman, MCJROTC. Drill Team Commander and Second Platoon Commander. I see myself doing one of two things, being a Marine and singing with a professional choir(maybe with my buddys Drew and Bradley). I see the Marines happening first.

C/SMSgt me. I joined at first because it was the only military organization near my house. But stayed for the ES and other reasons.

Warrant Officer 2nd Class (ret'd) Kris Steliga, former Squadron Commander and Drum Major. Royal Canadian Air Cadets.

Joined up because it was something to do, and I wanted to get my Pilot's Licence and eventually join the Canadian Forces.

C/Private Nate Clarke, Section 2/IC, I joined because I had always wanted to be a cop and i considered being an MP at one point.

Sgt James, Squad member. The reason I joined was because I love the military, and I'm joining the miltiary right after high school.

Trevor Perry, Warrant Officer 2nd Class. I'm the squadron deputy commander, chief instructor, and a glider pilot. The main reason I joined was to have a military experience, and of course to get a pilots license.

c/ lance cpl brian
i joined because im interested in anything military and figured this would give me a jump start when i joined the Marines :)

C/MSgt ~Crazy (no I have a first and last name - find it somewhere and you'll know it)
Civil Air Patrol.

Not really sure. I thought it was fun at first. The people were scary, and I admired them. I would be able to get into shape and numerous other things.

Why did i stay? Well after attemting to quit 4 times and being talked out of it, I gave up. NO, I"m kidding. I love the organization I'm in. I can hate it because of that. I've become a different person. The other night I got on an outdoor stage and was talkin to a bunch of boyscouts over a mic... which I didn't need much anyway. It was great and some of the most fun I've ever had. 2 years ago, had they said, 'Jamers get up here and sing for us (I didn't, but I had fun trying to find others), I would have freaked out and probably hid behind the rest of my group of CAPers. I think of strategy, I identify with others (quite possibly ruining my career in law, but hell), I can deal with a group of people and at least put forth an effort to get some type of order. I was chosen as the group debate leader for my Honors English Class - there was no discussion - and these are the Honors of the Honors. Now I just feel liike I have a sense of accomplishment in my life - something living hte way I was never got me.

Cadet Staff Sergeant Alison Stinson MCJROTC
I joined JROTC to prove to myself that I can simply do more!
I loved the fact that ROTC cadets were constantly pushing themselves to the limits and are looked up to by our community.

Cadet SSgt Ali, Mexico
NY MACS MCJROTC

I was Cpl in the ATC (air training corps) because I wanted to be a pilot at first (Like everyone else there :roll: ) but then I saw a stand by the marines, and thought, why sit in a nce warm aircraft when I can be lying in a ditch freezing my arse off and piss wet through

C/CMSgt Me, CAP

I joined b/c it looked cool, it would get me out of the house, and becuase I am interested in ES. But I stayed in b/c I am learning a lot. I have gained so much more then a few hours of something to do, and I have learned how to be a leader, how to plan meetings and activities, and just stuff I wouldn't have had a chance to do if I didn't join.

So yeah, thats why all you CAP people will have to deal with me for a few more years....unless I go SM, then you will have to deal with me for a looonnnggg time :p

alliehz said:
C/CMSgt Me, CAP

I joined b/c it looked cool, it would get me out of the house, and becuase I am interested in ES. But I stayed in b/c I am learning a lot. I have gained so much more then a few hours of something to do, and I have learned how to be a leader, how to plan meetings and activities, and just stuff I wouldn't have had a chance to do if I didn't join.

So yeah, thats why all you CAP people will have to deal with me for a few more years....unless I go SM, then you will have to deal with me for a looonnnggg time :p
Thats ok Allie, we love you!

Cadet Sergeant, Army JROTC, colorgaurd team commander,
I jpined because i've always admired anyone in service to their country and i wanted something to do with my life that would actually matter someday. hopefully graduate college as a 2Lt from senior ROTC and jrotc will help with scholarship money. I also LOVE all the drill team, colorgaurd team, and IDR armed and unarmed teams.

Peter Hibma, C/AB, Element member. I joined mainly because my brother is in it and i joined because the times I've been therre before i really liked it. (By the way I'm in CAP)

C/SSG
sent to military school because I am no longer allowed to attend any public school in my home area.

joined cuz I wanted to see different career options. Always had interest in the military since grade 1 so I decided to give it a try.. I like the Military itself but.. the unit I am in.. makes the Military look bad.. haha

C/LT(JG) Fox of Navy JROTC. I joined NJROTC 4 years ago. Why? Because to show prove what can deaf people can do for the country. I love to defend the country against any foes who dare to fight us. I tried talk to recruiters but they do nothing.

C/1Lt Henderson Air Force JROTC.Saber Team Commander. I joined because I want to prove myself to myself. Get it? I want to know that I can do it. I also like the advancements in paygrades...

Back