Why did Germany lose WW2?

Did you ever stop to think that that is because the German people are masters of engineering and technology, not kinky masochism.

They have real things to do with their lives.:smile:

Why did Germany lose ww11? there is a very obvious but overlooked reason which settles the matter.

Here it is :-

"The German's inability to appreciate cricket, it now becomes clear,was their severest weakness.

Travelling through that now beautiful and peaceable nation, you can't help thinking that one thing and one thing only could improve it; large numbers of cricket pritches." - M. Berkmann.

There you have it - problem solved; and you heard it here first.:type:

While this sounds very reasonable, are you sure it was cricket, or could it have been baseball?

Perhaps a competitive spirit combined with a strong engineering base contributed to their initial success? However, it's difficult to compete with the rest of the world whilst helping out a parasitic nation clinging on beneath.

Did you ever stop to think that that is because the German people are masters of engineering and technology, not kinky masochism.

They have real things to do with their lives.:smile:

No, no; it must be a question of expertise at cricket. Look - the Aussies can beat us anytime it seems. How do you see it - masters of cricket or kinky masochism? (Ooh - are you suggesting they are the same thing? :shock:)

Last edited:
Perhaps the British psychological warfare unit transmitted a test match commentary over to the continent and sent them to :sleep:

Remember the trial in the film 'A matter of life and death?' where the prosecution made the case against British culture by sounding a test match commentary?

No, no; it must be a question of expertise at cricket. Look - the Aussies can beat us anytime it seems. How do you see it - masters of cricket or kinky masochism? (Ooh - are you suggesting they are the same thing? :shock:)
Most assuredly,.. anyone who would play cricket is not worthy of the oxygen they are wasting. Those who would watch only need burying or cremating to complete the job.

Cricket is surely the most boring of the English vices. By all means, beat me, beat me,... any thing at all,.... just keep me of the bloody cricket team.

There you are, now you see. That is precisely the attitude to cricket which cost the Germans the war!

Next month England and Australia go head to head for The Ashes, the conflict which is interupted by nothing less than world war. The greatest of all sporting tests - 5 days of gladiatorial contest at a time. Australia - perhaps the greatest proponents ever seen - bring 'em on. We luv 'em - we hate -'em - we luv 'em; bubble, bubble, toil and trouble! Let slip the dogs of war.:smile:

Last edited:
We were forced to play cricket at school along with rugby and football (soccer), then again in the RAF. I lost interest when a cricket ball bounced off my head.

Well, of course you are excused on those grounds - walking wounded. I suffered likewise as a youngster - one front tooth still missing. Remember that it is probably the most dangerous game.:)

For the non cricket playing nations amongst you, the field positions a few yards to the right and left of the batsman who may legally hit the hard 3 inch diameter ball as hard as possible towards your face is called 'silly mid on' and off respectively.

Probably this is the only entertaining part of the game providing you like gratuitous violence.

Silly mid-on and silly mid-off were the greatest fielding postions to play; trying to pick that hard leather ball off the bat from so close in epitomises the passion and the danger of the game; but you gotta be able to duck fast; I have had my ribs stove in and thought momentarily that the ball had gone right through me! The tactics of cricket require chess -like concentration and cunning campaign. And when a batsman has that missile fly past his face and close to 100 mph, he quickly understands the meaning of 'sniffing the leather', has closer connotations to dying than to sexual deviance.:smile:

Thers only a few reasons why.

#1.The USA and its Manufacturing Power
#2.Hitler
#3.Russian WINTER not the soldiers, even though they helped it was the winter. Same as napoleon.

And NASCAR is better to watch than cricket:p

They had lo loose because you cannot be fighting in so many fronts against too many allied powerfull forces and the leader had lost his head off. He was a brilliant politician than turned into a **** crazy commander.

Best

One reason which would have had serious impact that hasn't been discussed (unless I missed it), was valuable resources, manpower and billions of Reich marks wasted on duplicate research and development by various organisations, instead of pooling their research and devolpments.

Germany was fighting on to many fronts against countries that had much larger man power and production. Even if he lost one soldier for every ten that they killed they still could not win as they would run out of men.

Thers only a few reasons why.

#1.The USA and its Manufacturing Power
#2.Hitler
#3.Russian WINTER not the soldiers, even though they helped it was the winter. Same as napoleon.

And NASCAR is better to watch than cricket:p
1.USA had nothing to do with Germany losing the war, your contribution when compared to Russia was symbolic and meaningless.

2.Russian soldiers who were more determinated and capable of feats Americans could not perform (and yes winter too).

1.USA had nothing to do with Germany losing the war, your contribution when compared to Russia was symbolic and meaningless.

2.Russian soldiers who were more determinated and capable of feats Americans could not perform (and yes winter too).

"IN THE whole history of war, there has never been such an undertaking!"

- JOSEF STALIN on the Normandy Invasion.

"IN THE whole history of war, there has never been such an undertaking!"

- JOSEF STALIN on the Normandy Invasion.
Oh please, do you want me to post figures for battles around Kharkhiv? Leningrad? Normandy was impressive but irrelevant, it didnt ensure victory, Russians already won, it merely hastened it and lessened the cost Russia would suffer.

In the east there were multiple theatres each having more and superior troops than whole of German troops in France, claiming that Americans won or even significantly added to WW2 victory is false, you simply shortened the already won war by a year and ensured Russia didnt conquer Europe.

Without US and UK Russia would still win since by 44 it was well into victory, without Russia US would never set a foot on Normandy shores.

Back