why castles were impenetrable... - Page 2

--

August 9th, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Infidel
Best way to defeat them.. Take away there will to fight. Starve them out. Don't allow anything to come or go. Put loud speaker teams all over the place and blast music to them.
Aren't LRADs really really loud loud speakers? Or is the problem that they are focused in a narrow beam?
August 9th, 2006  
Missileer

A small Neutron warhead using an airburst. It only kills but does little damage to buildings and vehicles.
August 9th, 2006  
Team Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohmar Deathstrike
Aren't LRADs really really loud loud speakers? Or is the problem that they are focused in a narrow beam?
They were designed to be used on ships in response to the USS Cole incident. They work ok in that arena, but on land they suck. Trust me, I stood in front of one and at the range they were designed for, all I would need to do is go around a corner or duck behind something and they would be completely unusable. Not as advertised for land based operations.
--
August 10th, 2006  
AussieNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Infidel
LRADs are a line of site devise and used best on water. I used them on land, and they don't work so well.

Best way to defeat them.. Take away there will to fight. Starve them out. Don't allow anything to come or go. Put loud speaker teams all over the place and blast music to them.

Babies crying at 3 in the morning for a hour or more.

PSYOPS

Print false articles in the local paper to discredit them.

Thankyou. Somebody else who supports the PSYOPS option. You don't have to destroy the enemy to defeat them.
August 10th, 2006  
Team Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNick
Thankyou. Somebody else who supports the PSYOPS option. You don't have to destroy the enemy to defeat them.
That's my J.O.B..... but not PSYOPS... taking away the will to fight. Influence the enemy.
August 10th, 2006  
AussieNick

Ah info ops hey. Well done that man.
August 10th, 2006  
Team Infidel

Why thank you Aussie Nick.. Did my military gear give it away?
August 10th, 2006  
bulldogg

Good stuff that... Team Goebels.
August 11th, 2006  
bigcanada813

i would just go the route used most often for taking a heavily fortified position-lay on a seige, seal them off from outside contact, eventually they can either surrender or starve (see the battle of stalingrad for example).
August 11th, 2006  
Fox

If it was me. Napalm would be good. Or surrounding the castle. Using my sniper's target is the King or Queen or anybody in the open target.