Why Can't Islam Get Along With Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godofthunder9010

I've been friends with a number of Muslims and have endeavored to understand their faith. I've read from the Koran and asked questions of believers, trying to sort it all out. From those experiences, the global situation doesn't make any sense to me. Its supposed to be a peaceful religion, and those Muslims I've know are genuinely good people.

So why can't they seem to get along with the world? Hindus, Christians, Jews, Buddists and Atheists all have very tense relations with the world of Islam. Few nations completely trust Arabic nations or even those that are just primarily composed of Muslims. The radical elements of the Muslim faith provides the best resources for global terrorism that is to be had. OPEC (though not entirely composed of Muslim nations) is seen as something of an international economic bully. Indeed, minus oil there has been very little useful contribution by Islam to the modern world. The nations controlled by them are generally technologically backward and poorly managed. Their treatment of their women is often baffling to many.

So why can't Islam get along with the world?

I don't think the problem is the religion itself, but extremistic people that are hiding behin the Koran to do their crap like the Taliban and Ayatollahs did.

I dont think its the religion itself that is causing all the trouble.... Its just the sour apples of the group who make everyone look bad. Just my 2 cents. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back