When you post on a history type subject:

Mark Conley

Good evening folks:

Military History is a very complicated subject. Unlike mathematics, Military History is usually a compilation of what the winners write about, unless they are being very, very generous to the losers.

Each side has a story written entirely from their perspective. After reviewing hundred of lesson type books about just normal histories of of the different countries, and having been in a few of them myself, I can safely say that its one big mess out there.

For example, most japanese textbooks translations of WWII history really don't go into their defeats as well as some coverages of the Allied nations that defeated them. I don't blame them, i wouldn't want my the kids to learn that either. atrocitys were pretty common on both the axis and allied sides during the war: its just that the winners don't usually tell you about some things like that. heres a good link to a site that deals with massacres on both sides:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~gduncan/massacres.html

now what you want to believe is a different matter. Take any discussion with a grain of salt and the good sense your parents were supposed to give you.

Anyway, if you are going to post a discussion that deals with history, try and do it responsibly. if you have an opposing point, try to provide some kind of back up to what you are saying. Right or wrong, sane or crazy, at least tell some one from where you are coming from in this field. Post a link. I've used articles from Pravda in some of my links to try and make the point clearer in some of my posts; you think i wouldn't do something that crazy if you are an american, right?

a link is wonderful, as we all have internet rights here. if if its a book, a title and an author. If you got the information off a gum wrapper...well. If its an opinion, say its an opinion.

just don't say its that way because i said so. :D

this sticky is locked. gotta comment? use the PM button.

oh yes..Trolls.

Mod Edit: dead link.

read this for an explanation of what a Troll is. Then I would suggest that If you have the characteristics of one, to find another haven to go to.

:D

i saw that the link above was dead... i googled it and found this...

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/default.aspx?f=31&m=89986

it has a good definition and it offers punishments at the bottom like posting their email and changing their nick... ha ha ha.. redleg should consider this... instead of a temp ban have their name be "i was bad today" or "don't talk to me i am a meanie" or "PMSing"...
jsut a thought

Back