Whats your favorite military book/novel? - Page 2

--
Boots

November 7th, 2003  
GuyontheRight

Yea, I just watch the movies of Clancy

Anyway if your looking for a good Civil War book Id try The Last Full Measure by Jeff Sharah. It's the last book in his and his dad's series.
November 7th, 2003  
GuyontheRight

Yea, I just watch the movies of Clancy

Anyway if your looking for a good Civil War book Id try The Last Full Measure by Jeff Sharah. It's the last book in his and his dad's series.
November 8th, 2003  
Guardsman_Ca

I remember reading the Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy. It was loaned to me by my company commander in the National guard
--
Boots
November 8th, 2003  
GuyontheRight

Anyone read any of Tim Davis' fiction like The Southern Cross or Day of the Ranger. I was thinking of buying them.
December 1st, 2003  
diplomatic_means

non-fiction in my collection= Special Forces by Tom Clancy
fiction in my collection= Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy
December 17th, 2003  
koesters

its gotta be "Black Hawk Down" for me
December 28th, 2003  
D_Plus_One

Blackhawk Down was a great book as well.

Does anyone know if david Webster's memoirs are easily obtainable, or are used copies the only way to go? I have been looking for it for a while, since I read Band of Brothers and saw he had a book of his own.
December 28th, 2003  
Acerbus

You mean 'Parachute Infantry'?

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...85336497&itm=1

It's been reprinted, very easy to obtain nowadays. Very nice writing.
December 28th, 2003  
Nick42

My favourite military book is Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy, I think it's a book that in a quite realistic and imaginative way describe what a war between NATO and Soviet would have been like.
December 29th, 2003  
>*CrAzY*<

i'm in love with the book Band of Brothers... although i never have gotten all the way through it... it took me a good month to get through almost half of it, altho i didn't get a whole lot of time to read it.. Its one of those books for me that i'll have to read a few times to really get everything out of it... but i love it.. i also liked Return with honor by scott o'grady (i think thats what it is...) cause it was an all around good book

Right now i'm reading In Harms Way... really good