Whats your ethnic background?

Mother - Kiwi
Father - Kiwi

Grand Parents = Mixture of Norwegian, English and Kiwi

Then it just gets messy after that.

Mother – Iceland
Father – Iceland

All the way back to the year 874 – 875 when some Norwegian Viking decided it was too hot to stay in Norway.

Mom - Irish, American Indian [Chippewa Blackfoot].
Dad - French, German.

I'm just a mutt (a veritable Heinz 57 variety) - otherwise, just a typical American.

dad-american native (chinook), german, scottisch
mom-german, american (related to sam houston :cool:)
so im a mutt as well

(may include but not limited to irish, slovak, and part penguin)

Mother: Filipino*, Chinese (father's side), Spanish (mother's side), Czech, etc.
Father: Filipino*, Sardinian(?) etc.?

That makes me mostly Filipino, with distant Chinese and Spanish -- and even more distant Czech.
My mother and father seperated when I was young, so I don't know much about his exact ethnicity.

Has there ever been 'nationality' box in US passports i wonder?

Nationality line on a US passport is right below the persons name.

It is filled in as United States of America when the passport is printed. It is not typed in.

Think about it.
By definition your nationality is the country you are a citizen of. Passports are issued to citizens.

When you are issued a passport from a country you are a citizen of, the Nationality box will all ways be that country.

Oops, i'm sorry, i was talking about ethnicity actually.
Passports are designed and information listed on them is under international law.

US passports do not have ethnicity or religion listed on them. At least since 1979 when I got my first one.

A person's ethnicity and religion is their own private matter and I really don't see why they should be listed in a person's ID unless they prefer to have it for instances where they are killed in an accident and would require services.

A person's ethnicity and religion is their own private matter and I really don't see why they should be listed in a person's ID unless they prefer to have it for instances where they are killed in an accident and would require services.

Ethnicity is not private, it tends to show up in the Photo on your ID. :cool:

Religion is not private as various religions gather in public forums to celebrate the religion.

The private part is, where behind close doors, they make their human sacrifices.;-)

But for passports ethnicity and religion should have no bearing. Unfortunately I doubt many people with :(Israeli passports are allowed to visit certain predominately Muslim countries.

Back