What's the most effective weapon in the US arsanal?

Comandos

Hi,
First let me introduce myself, i'm in 10th grade, and today our world history teacher asked us to find out what's the US most effective weapon. Please don't sat "nucks" as we all know that are powerfull, but I', asking for the most effectvie weapon. Thanks for your help.

The US Armed Forces possess a huge technological edge in equipment, and train constantly at areas such as the National Training Center against a perfessional OPFOR. Add to that some of the best strategic and tactical doctrine out there and a strong desire for victory and it's definately a winning combination.

IAmFighter said:
The US Armed Forces possess a huge technological edge in equipment, and train constantly at areas such as the National Training Center against a perfessional OPFOR. Add to that some of the best strategic and tactical doctrine out there and a strong desire for victory and it's definately a winning combination.
ok... where's my weapon?

Each weapon is a tool for a particular job.

Taking the US Arsenal as a whole is like looking at a big toolbox. The bredth of your question is like asking us to say whether the screwdriver or the hammer is better.

A very simple question it would appear, but weapons are designed to do certain jobs, if one was in the Air Force then you would swear that one of your aircraft would fit the bill. If you were in the Navy you would look at your Aircraft Carriers or Nuclear Submarines. In the Army it would depend again on what type of unit you were serving with, some one in the Tanks would pick a Tank, in the Artillery then you would have your favourite Gun and so on through all the units. As there are more infantry require in war than any other unit then it is most likely it would be some thing to do with them.

The Nimitz-class CVNs, plus a San Antonio-class LPD, could fight most minor wars on their own and expect to win.

The Nimitz would probobly be the best choice. I was thinking more along the lines of munitions and delivery systems since he said "weapon" and "nuke".

But if we are open to platforms as well the Nimitz isn't a bad choice at all, maybe the B-2 bomber you could add to that.

Like most other military forces the most powerful weapon a nation puts onto the field of battle are Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, and Sailors. Everything else is an add-on for the particular job at hand.

Forrest Gump said:
Like most other military forces the most powerful weapon a nation puts onto the field of battle are Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, and Sailors. Everything else is an add-on for the particular job at hand.

That's correct. The weapons and tools we use are only as good as the people using them, which is where our strength lies.

Money isn't the most effective. You can throw money at problems all day long, and it won't fix them. Money is a tool. It helps pay for the weapons, training etc. but it is up to the Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen/Marines to get the job done using the tools provided. If they aren't up to snuff, no amount of money in the world will help.

As others have said, the most effective weapon the US military has is the individual serviceman/woman working as a combat effective team.

250px-Minuteman3launch.jpg

LGM-30 Minuteman ICBM nuke.

Comandos said:
First let me introduce myself, i'm in 10th grade, and today our world history teacher asked us to find out what's the US most effective weapon. Please don't sat "nucks" as we all know that are powerfull, but I', asking for the most effectvie weapon. Thanks for your help.
I can't believe your teacher actually asked such a vague question. Why don't you post, word-for-word, what they ACTUALLY asked you, then maybe you can get an answer?

Back