What's the hardest physical trial you have ever experienced?

Duty Honor Country

I am interested to see what kinds of hell people have gone through during the hardest "physical trial" of ones life.

This survey is not limited to one single event. You could use such things as basic training, a military training event or a season of a select sport.

If I understand your question, you mean the hardest physical exercise people might have gone through. right?

For me, the first day of bootcamp in AF was horrible. Although I was somewhat ready for that ( I am a former Karate Kai ) but it was beyond my abilities. It was quite bad.

500m monkey run followed by 500m leopard crawl follwed by a 4 mile TAB. Full kit including IW + 7 fully loaded mags. That was tough!! For a 16 y/o at the time anyway lol

A few things that I have experienced in the Army have been rough, but nothing has been rougher for me than my season in College Waterpolo.

When I got out of the military in 2001, I was in damn good shape. I has ridding my bike 200-250 miles a week, playing beach volleyball every chance I could and swimming 3-5 times a week. Even in that shape, I boke down hard during the hell of the first couple of weeks training for water polo. I remember running, lifting weights and punnishment in the pool. Thw worst was doing "jugs". Jugs are done with a 5 gallon water container at the end of practice. You fill the thing up, flip it over and drain it as you tred water. NOT FUN!!! NOTHING has ever make my body hurt like that. I had to literally pull myself up stairs on the handrailing because my legs were destroyed.

OK not a physically trial but most painfully thing that ever happened to me was gettin a static shock off a f18, blown in the air from it. Its just the shock of it that scares you.
Physical trial prob when I was younger I blew out my knee and trying to get it back in shape again (played basketball). Wild frustrating.
Or its gotta be doing a 12 mile run, while been out the night before at a party having drunk nearly a bottle of jack getting home at 6 having to go running at 8. Even the muscles in the fingers hurt that day :p

I remember two very hard exercises from my army service, first was nearly 12 hours ski march with standard combat gear on and we had only one lunch break in the middle, that exercise surely introduced me to whole new levels of fatigue, thirst and hunger :)
Another one I recall was a battalion level attack run, that was three days of intense combat training with only few hours of sleep.

one summer i got in trouble and my dad made me rake the yard from 5-5 and he would spred the leaves out over the yard as soon as i got them raked. :cen: hole.

Being chased around an assault course with a gas mask on. If you pulled it away from your face to breathe you were send around again, also you had to finish the course in a set time. It felt that your heart and lungs were torn out through your throat.

We did about 35km in the blazing hot sun. It was supposed to be less than that but my group got a little bit side tracked and added about an extra 6 km onto that....I know I'll have lots of harder things to come in my career though....

I think basic, not all of it, the long march in full gear. I don't know if anyone knew how long it was but quite a few dropped out from dehydration. The M1 seemed to weigh 50 pounds at the end.

A 15 mile+ trek across mountains with round 60 lbs of gear. Yeah were new to mountain climbing.

Obviously i have not yet been through boot.

My Taekwondo Black Belt Test:
Day 1:5 hour written exam from :cen:
Day 2: 6 hour physical theory test( going up and down the floor demonstrating every move at least 20 times.)
Day 3: 6-7 hour application test (self defense, sparring, board breaking, more self defense, more sparring, and then a 2 or so hour question period)

I was so exhausted after taking this test, and the worst part about it is, I have to do it again October 13-15. ( I tested for my BB when i was thirteen, now I'm going for my second degree.)

The CFA I did a few weeks ago, that was intense.

The CFA is a bastard. The BFA seems like a walk in the park now. Have you seen the new CFA they are developing. It looks like it'll have about 10 different sections including timed fire and movement, shuttle run with rifle and webbing, jerry can carry and various other crap. Retaining the pack march as well. Still being developed though. They seem to think that the current CFA doesn't really tell them enough about our ability.

The usual, I wont bore ya. Carnagh camp running around in cefo and helmet with Mary Ann our beloved log. :x

Wrose day ever altough thats going to be topped all next week on my NBC trainning.

:x :jump: :|

well, this probably wont compare to the rest of yours, but wrestling practice is probably the hardest thing i have done to date, especially on the days when the coach gets pissed. 20 minutes of power drills...... its up-downs, like in football, but with a set of push ups or something like that thrown in every minute. its pretty bad.

When I was in the middle east the people that came out from England would be taken on a 20 mile run in full kit during the late afternoon when the sun was at it's strongest, to get them used to working in the heat. One group in August did this run in temperatures of about 120'o and a number of them died from heat stroke. When questions were asked the reply was, at least one per cent of the men are expected to die in training each year and as we are preparing for action it is best to do this thing here rather than in the Battlefield, any way we have not reached the one per cent level this year yet. No further questions were asked.

Back