What's everyone's position (not rank) in their unit?

Trevor

What is your position or job in your unit?

Right now, I am the deputy commander (seccond in command) of my squadron.

I used to be the Squadron Commander when I was in Air Cadets. Right now, I'm section 2IC here at the Richelieu Squadron (pretty much the lowest position of responsiblity you can get.)

I'm in training to be in charge of the armory (not operational guns, m-14s with firing pin taken out and a steel rod down the barrel for color guard)

In CAP, I have been an element leader and a flight commander. I may soon be moving down to flight sergeant.

Now, the good stuff! In ROTC, I have been a fire team leader, the Third Platoon Guidon Bearer, and the Drill Team NCOIC. Now I am the Second Platoon Commander and the Drill Team OIC.

I am also the vice president of my chapter of the National Couch Potato Crew :D

If it's a regular training night then I'm a divisional petty officer. However once a month or so we have Ceremonial divisions in which case I'm the lead bass drummer.

Recruiter (Det 028 AFROTC)
Flight Member, Former Deputy Flight Commander (Echo Flight, Det 028)
Color Guard Member (Det 028)

Member (Deer Valley Composite Squadron, CAP)

Supply Officer, Flight Sgt, Flight Commander (when the "real" one isn't there), Squadron CAC rep. assistant Clown (at times)

In CAP, when you guys are on summer training courses, are course cadets stripped of their rank, and only staff cadets hold any type of rank, or do course cadets get to hold their rank during to course?

Yes and no. From what I have seen, some staff calls them cadets because they are arrogant, others call you by your rank (very few). Same with other cadets, but with a few other reasons packed in there as well.

I don't pack my shoulderboards when I go on summer trips unless I'm specifically asked to...which unfortunately is most of the time.

nulli secundus said:
Yes and no. From what I have seen, some staff calls them cadets because they are arrogant, others call you by your rank (very few). Same with other cadets, but with a few other reasons packed in there as well.

In the RCACS course cadets are completely stripped of their home rank. Even staff cadets as well. During indocrination, staff cadets are assigned positions, most of them lower ones then at their home unit. Ex: Someone who is a WO2 at their home squadron would only be a sergeant as a staff cadet at a cadet summer training centre if it's their first year of staff.

Trevor said:
nulli secundus said:

In the RCACS course cadets are completely stripped of their home rank. Even staff cadets as well. During indocrination, staff cadets are assigned positions, most of them lower ones then at their home unit. Ex: Someone who is a WO2 at their home squadron would only be a sergeant as a staff cadet at a cadet summer training centre if it's their first year of staff.

It goes the other way as well. It's simply a merit system as I understand it, if a Cpl shows up a WO1 then he'll get a higher ramk at camp than that WO

That's how indoc works. But it's also mainly a seniority issue off how many years have you done staff as well. All most all first year staff cadets are sergeants and second years are FSgts.

One of the CSTC's I was at a few years ago doesn't really go by that system.

The Atlantic Region Gliding School Staff Cadet positions are mainly based on if you're Famil Pilot rated or not. If you are, chances are you'll either be the Camp WOI or Glider Staff Cpl. The non-famil pilots are usually given the more desk type jobs such as Duty, MIR, Admin (SL Grads who come to RGS(A) usually get that job), and ITAC F/Sgt.

I was going to do that last summer, but I was accepted into the Reg Force, and wasn't really allowed to work there that summer as a staff Cadet, and since I hadn't done my BOQ, I couldn't be an officer there. However, in the summer of '06, I can apply for an Officer position there provided I'm not doing anything for RMC that summer.

Cadet Commander

It just makes people so mad when my cadets automatically call me ma'am, cause I'm only a Sergeant. So the officers I was with got a bit jealous.. OOps.

A C/MSgt as a cadet commander???? Nice work! How many people are in your squadron?? Do you not have any cadet officers in your squadron?

Back