What's everyone's position (not rank) in their unit? - Page 2

--

November 28th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Supply Officer, Flight Sgt, Flight Commander (when the "real" one isn't there), Squadron CAC rep. assistant Clown (at times)
November 28th, 2004  
Trevor

In CAP, when you guys are on summer training courses, are course cadets stripped of their rank, and only staff cadets hold any type of rank, or do course cadets get to hold their rank during to course?
November 28th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Yes and no. From what I have seen, some staff calls them cadets because they are arrogant, others call you by your rank (very few). Same with other cadets, but with a few other reasons packed in there as well.
--
November 29th, 2004  
c/Commander

I don't pack my shoulderboards when I go on summer trips unless I'm specifically asked to...which unfortunately is most of the time.
November 29th, 2004  
Trevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulli secundus
Yes and no. From what I have seen, some staff calls them cadets because they are arrogant, others call you by your rank (very few). Same with other cadets, but with a few other reasons packed in there as well.
In the RCACS course cadets are completely stripped of their home rank. Even staff cadets as well. During indocrination, staff cadets are assigned positions, most of them lower ones then at their home unit. Ex: Someone who is a WO2 at their home squadron would only be a sergeant as a staff cadet at a cadet summer training centre if it's their first year of staff.
November 29th, 2004  
pimp_squeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
Quote:
Originally Posted by nulli secundus
In the RCACS course cadets are completely stripped of their home rank. Even staff cadets as well. During indocrination, staff cadets are assigned positions, most of them lower ones then at their home unit. Ex: Someone who is a WO2 at their home squadron would only be a sergeant as a staff cadet at a cadet summer training centre if it's their first year of staff.
It goes the other way as well. It's simply a merit system as I understand it, if a Cpl shows up a WO1 then he'll get a higher ramk at camp than that WO
November 29th, 2004  
Trevor

That's how indoc works. But it's also mainly a seniority issue off how many years have you done staff as well. All most all first year staff cadets are sergeants and second years are FSgts.
November 29th, 2004  
AFSteliga

One of the CSTC's I was at a few years ago doesn't really go by that system.

The Atlantic Region Gliding School Staff Cadet positions are mainly based on if you're Famil Pilot rated or not. If you are, chances are you'll either be the Camp WOI or Glider Staff Cpl. The non-famil pilots are usually given the more desk type jobs such as Duty, MIR, Admin (SL Grads who come to RGS(A) usually get that job), and ITAC F/Sgt.

I was going to do that last summer, but I was accepted into the Reg Force, and wasn't really allowed to work there that summer as a staff Cadet, and since I hadn't done my BOQ, I couldn't be an officer there. However, in the summer of '06, I can apply for an Officer position there provided I'm not doing anything for RMC that summer.
November 30th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Cadet Commander

It just makes people so mad when my cadets automatically call me ma'am, cause I'm only a Sergeant. So the officers I was with got a bit jealous.. OOps.
December 1st, 2004  
Trevor

A C/MSgt as a cadet commander???? Nice work! How many people are in your squadron?? Do you not have any cadet officers in your squadron?