What's The Deal With Cats....?

CanadianCowgirl

OK, so this has been kind of bothering me. Since I left home 6 weeks ago, TWO of my cats have died! My bf has been looking after them everyday since I left, but they were "mine" and they didn't take to him all that well....

So can cats die of "loneliness"? It sounds crazy but it seems kinda strange that 2 healthy cats went off and died while I was away......my poor bf feels so bad, lol

You might want to look into if "HE took to the cats" all that well...:spam: :mrgreen:

haha, I have faith in him...he better have or I'll give him the boot, lol....if the cats are dead, imagine my poor horse :shock:

I've heard that all animals can die of loneliness and/or broken hearts. Because they just basically give up. Very sad news, CC!!! :(

Wow, six weeks? We try not to leave Sampson for more than a few days, unless we're on vacation (and that's no more than two weeks). Let me ask my fiancée, since she's a veterinarian...

Also, check to see that the cat food your boyfriend was feeding them wasn't the stuff that's been causing kidney failure in cats as of late...

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/index.html

^^^ Oh yeah. That's been a nasty deal. I'm almost afraid to feed my animals anymore. :shock:

Wow, six weeks? We try not to leave Sampson for more than a few days, unless we're on vacation (and that's no more than two weeks). Let me ask my fiancée, since she's a veterinarian...

Also, check to see that the cat food your boyfriend was feeding them wasn't the stuff that's been causing kidney failure in cats as of late...

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/index.html

Thanks for the info, luckily I wasn't feeding that food. I still have one cat left at home, I hope she can last another week til I get back :shock:

I wish the cats jumping around on my roof at night would die of loneliness. Or just die of something.

Cats do have a really bad habbit of dying or disappearing for no apparent reason. (The big exception being the ones who jump around on my roof.) Who knows.

I wish the cats jumping around on my roof at night would die of loneliness. Or just die of something.

Cats do have a really bad habbit of dying or disappearing for no apparent reason. (The big exception being the ones who jump around on my roof.) Who knows.

You can hear cats jumping on your roof...? How thin is your roof...??

Those aren't cats Bugfatty... those are RATS. And yes cats do make good sandwiches but only if you like meat that is tough and tastes of dehydrated urine... it makes gamey bear meat seem edible.

For your animals Sevens, I suggest feed them what we did on the farm- meat. Raw meat, entrails and the like. Let 'em hunt its in their nature, they'll be happier and healthier and live longer if you do. They'll even share by bringing back some of the kill if they actually like you so think of it as a test of their affection for you. :)

As for the whole thing about having cats in the first place... it says alot about your personality. I'll leave it at that.

That's what we're feeding all the dogs and cats now, BD. Nothing but meat that we would eat ourselves if it was cooked up. And the cats do hunt mice. *shudder*

And what's wrong with having cats? They're lovely little creatures that constantly let you know how insignificant you are in their lives. :D

Disgusting creatures really- hairballs, the piss smell, and the scratching... naw, they're good for one thing. Putting tar and kerosene on their tails and lighting it and then watching them take off across the pasture on a moonless night. Never had any use for em. My dad had one that bit him on the nose, sank its teeth in and didn't release... the cat made a dent in the wall. I learned never trust the dodgy beasts from seeing that happen. My dogs killed more mice and were loyal, I don't trust any person or animal that doesn't belong to a pack.

I definitely prefer dogs, but cats are alright. I find as long as u bring them up yourself they're fine. Mine are all nicely house trained, and as friendly, if not friendlier than my dogs

It has been said that people who don't like cats fear rejection.

Cats, unlike dogs do not allow you to choose them, they choose you.

Cats are to dogs, what Camels are to Horses, they are true individualists.

Personally I have a soft spot for all "non vermin" animals and even some humans.

Last edited:
Back