What is your favorite time period in history?

pixiedustboo

Redfidelboo
I believe mine would be placed 500 B.C.E. to 500 C.E. Now I know that is a wide range, but I enjoy all of it. I love the Mycenaean civilization & the Hellenic culture. Greek history is by far my favorite, though I also love reading about the world in general, like "old" China. Anything "old" interests me. My appeal of history ends about the 1900's, in every part of the world.

American wise, I really enjoy reading about the first colonies, the Revoltuion, and then I pick up again mid 1800's, before the Civil War breaks out. Cowboy and Indian thing is what got me liking history. :D

Serenity :dive:

let em think

Mine would be around 73AC..........all that magically type culture. How england came to be. Battle between pagens/vikings and Romans.

Good topic. My favorite time period is ancient Greece. So many things conceived then that have been lost and many more that apply to us today. They understood the steam engine for example though it was only used for amusement. Medicine, art, science, and literature abound in it. And of course the greatest thing of all they gave us - Democracy. Pericles should be a name well known by everyone who loves a democratic way of life.

The future, that way I don't have to learn about it. J/k, My favorite time period would be the Greek and Roman times.

I'd have to say between 700 and 1000 AD, aminly in North-western Europe and England......probably from about 3 BC to 45 AD for the middle east and anytime before 1000 AD in East asia

the_13th_redneck said:
I think right now is interesting enough.

True. I tend to get confused and annoyed with so many sides to the stories though. So. I say, I'll just keep up somewhat and then...eh, say ten years or so I'll go back through the history books and see what they say. 8)

Dang, I smart. LOL.

Serenity :dive:

I like the period when simple infections, pneumonia, flu, some cancers, heart failure, STDs, bone fractures, and loss of limbs weren't fatal. The period when organ transplants are common, limbs reattached, and thanks to nanotechnology, you can swallow a pill and it will send photos of your entire gastrointestinal system. If you haven't guessed, today.

Back