What is your favorite machine gun

That's too broad of a category. Anti-aircraft machine gun? Squad automatic? Heavy machine gun? GPMG, LMG?

Assuming you're referring to a general purpose machine gun, the FN MAG, also known as the M240 in the US military is the most ubiquitous GPMG in the world.

The MAG is to GPMGs what the AK-47 is to assault rifles.

Obvious said:
I heard the m60a1 are Piece of crap, Because the barrels are cheap and last only a couple thousand rounds.

You mean the M60DX, the M60C has a strengthened barrel and rasied ROF.

But I myself like the M60E3 and M240B.

localgrizzly said:
That's too broad of a category. Anti-aircraft machine gun? Squad automatic? Heavy machine gun? GPMG, LMG?

Assuming you're referring to a general purpose machine gun, the FN MAG, also known as the M240 in the US military is the most ubiquitous GPMG in the world.

The MAG is to GPMGs what the AK-47 is to assault rifles.

Really s***y? I wouldn't use an AK in combat if you payed me.

MightyMacbeth said:
welll.. I like the M249

So do I . But the M-249 is primarily a SAW. When tripod mounted it can function in the role of a GPMG, but not nearly so well as the M-240, M-60, or the PKM.

As I posted earlier, the question is too non specific.

My favorite light machinegun is the STK Ultimax 100 Mk. 3 from Singapore for its extreme controllability, even when firing off-hand on full-auto. Also, I like its interchangable barrels of different lengths and vertical foregrip.

My favorite general-purpose machinegun is the FN M240B produced for America by Belgium for its reliability and heavy firepower. It's a BAR turned upside down and adapted for belt feeding.

Cadet Seaman said:
Really s***y? I wouldn't use an AK in combat if you payed me.

Then I'll bet you have very little hands on experience with them. I personally prefer the AK-74, but the AK-47 is still the world wide standard by which all assault rifles are judged.

It's also the most ubiquitous, with well over 60 million having been made. It's trusted by professionals, like SpecOp troops and mercenaries everywhere.

I still love the ak-47 because of the fact of its reliability. Did anyone see the discovery program on greatest ever weapons? they put the ak-47 variant through water,sand and even ran it over with a hummer h2 and it still fired!
That aside, for modern guns I'd either have to go for the small, configurable, light weight m4 carbine or the french famas g2 assult rifle for its fast rate of fire and its bullpup design.-----Below is a modified famas g1 sniper or assult rifle there are more crazy modifications of the famas rifle on http://www.tacticalair.com/pictures.htm look near the bottom.
FAMAS_SBX_E.jpg

Back