What is/was your favorite duty station? - Page 2

--
Boots

June 9th, 2004  
soldierzhonor

Topic: Re: What is/was your favorite duty station?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARMYSGT
Baumholder, Germany
wow, I hated that place lol. Course I guess if I stayed at the Rod and Gun club much more I'd have to bring my locker and bunk lol. Guess it was ok to some.

My fave is Ft Campbell, Kentucky...without a doubt. Always first sir! 101st! Hooah!
December 21st, 2004  
PFCMiller

Ft. Lewis,WA
December 22nd, 2004  
DTop

Lewis was OK, I didn't like Yakima much though.
--
Boots
December 22nd, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

so far, my house, I'm only a cadet, but it might Port Hueneme.
January 3rd, 2005  
ltdave

Quote:
I'd have to say Fort Sill, Oklahoma...really liked that place a lot.
are you DAFT man?!

i was stationed at Beale AFB in northern cali and did some TDY at Fairchild AFB in spokane washington and really loved the countryside...

david
January 3rd, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

I visited quite a few state side posts and I still like Ft. Campbell is the best so far.

From what I have heard, Ft. Carson, CO is pretty darn good. I tried to get that when I went back active duty, but the Army gave me my 2nd choice of the 101st.
January 3rd, 2005  
Charge 7

Heh, yeah he's daffy alright. Ft. Sill had a real nice officers club but not much else to crow about when I was there. Lawton was just bizarre. Like a 20th century Deadwood. I saw an honest-to-god gun fight on the street outside the bar there. Fortunately both participants were too drunk to hit anything. Most of the places I served at weren't much to write home about themselves but culture wise I actually liked Valcartier, Quebec the most. Quebec City is just magnificent. Rich history and very clean. Unlike Montreal, Americans were treated quite well by the Quebeçois. As long as you recognized their culture by doing simple things like saying "merci" instead of "thanks" you could get along very well. Really nice night life too.
January 3rd, 2005  
03USMC

I'll say Camp Pendelton Ca. Was my favorite a lot of field time and liberty wasn't bad.

The Worst. K-Bay Hawaii.
January 4th, 2005  
Lil Hulk 1988

My favorite was Yeachon Korea. Was attached to a Korean Unit for a year, it was great. All field time, slept in a hardbacked GP Tent, liberty was good, the town was very accommodating and my Korean was not bad. The only drawback was the showers, had to go to the ville and to a bath house to get clean after a few weeks in the field.
January 4th, 2005  
AussieNick

Kapooka (Basic), outside Wagga Wagga N.S.W.... very hot, not very nice. A big ol' dust bowl..... so that'd be the worst

Keswick Barracks, Adelaide SA. Top barracks, I love it. Beautiful grounds, great lines, mess etc. A great mix of units on the barracks;
9th Field Hospital
10/27th Infantry
48th Field Battery Artillery
9 Brigade HQ
47/413th RCU
plus others I can't think of right now.
plus some navy and airforce units, but they don't have much to do with the army sections of the barracks.