What would be your preferred role for infantry...

What role do you prefer?

• Total voters
The point is not to be precise, the point is to BLOW SHIT UP!

With a 5m lethal radius that just doesn't happen. It's supposed to be a dual purpose HE round... but really, it's just like lobbing F1 grenades a bit further. The best effect they have is a supresive effect on the enemy, not particularly killing them.

AussieNick said:
With a 5m lethal radius that just doesn't happen. It's supposed to be a dual purpose HE round... but really, it's just like lobbing F1 grenades a bit further. The best effect they have is a supresive effect on the enemy, not particularly killing them.

Then my answer is changed to just combat engineer. Sucks digging trenches, but you get to use C4.

wisdom of age & experience!

LeEnfield said:
A Company Clerk about 20 miles behind the front lines, with a good bed and three meals a day and a roof over my head while I'll work and play. Most of the rest I have tried and there are better ways of spending your time
Ah, the wisdom of age & experience!
This gets my vote too.

:cool:

i went with MG support. It's what I do with my tactical paintball team, and in my opinion laying down a good solid base of fire does morale good.:biggun:

Then my answer is changed to just combat engineer. Sucks digging trenches, but you get to use C4

News flash, combat engineers do a lot more than blow stuff up. If your really interested in just demolishing stuff then get a job working on an open cut mine, but you gotta realise, there is no one job that'll let you just blow stuff up. You can't just chase the bang. What ever the job is, it'll be 90% boredom, 5% fear and 5% exhiliration. Thats all there is to it.

LeEnfield said:
Zander 0633....How often have you closed with the enemy

some times, But the best option is to do Bayonet Warfare! Yeah! It's you or me who's going to die! I think the best option is to use a flame thrower for CQC.

some times, But the best option is to do Bayonet Warfare! Yeah! It's you or me who's going to die! I think the best option is to use a flame thrower for CQC.

Oh!, who were you at war with?

(Insert sarcastic tone) Clearly fellas, we have the words of a combat veteren here.

I choose anti tank support. I took the old Panzergrendiers into account in the role of protecting my own tanks/ APC's etc. against tankkillers and a TOW would be neat against some of their vehicles. Direct assault gives you high risques for fatalities and I really dislike those (especially when it are my troops who do the dying).

slightly off topic, but to answer maytime, they do make flamethrowers for paintball, we just call them cans of spraypaint;-) !

KC72 said:
No Engineer option?
Engineer is a seperate category from infantry.

On a personal note I was a combat engineer.

major liability said:
If I was in the infantry I'd want to be a grenadier, you know, those guys with the underslung grenade launchers on their rifles.
That is an M203 or similar type weapon (I was assinged this too). This falls under assualt category.

KC72, what you'd be looking for is Assault Pioneers.
They are in infanteer, who has the ability to perform minor field engineering works.... but they don't have the support or capability of proper combat engineers.

Back