What to do when you get attacked by a bear?

the 9mm may be dinky. but a shot right through the middle of the head, and i don't think that bear will be going anywhere for awhile

wolfen said:
behemoth79 said:
i hate it how people have come up with ways to try to get away from the bear without huring it. my fav has been play dead. some of these animal rights people place animal lives above human ones. i never go camping or into the wilderness without doing some recon. if i see that there are bear warnings, im gonna take my rifle with me. if i see a bear within 50 or so yards of me, facing me, im gonna shoot it.

if a bear travels at 35 mph, that means it would go 50 yards in about 5-6 seconds. its 2.9 seconds at a constant 35mph so i estimated 2 or 3 seconds to accelerate to 35mph. how fast can you get an accurate round off?

When you say animal rights people are you talking about the terrorists at PETA?

was it that obvious? i didnt want to start any trouble :)

Locke said:
man, can you imagine a bear waking up one morning and going " :cen: i am a hairy mother, i think i need some serious waxing, starting with my legs" ouch lmao

completely wrong but i was just chatting to my friend who works at a brazillian waxing salon 8)

Wow Brazilians must be really hairy if they have their own waxing salons.
:shock:

Sorry couldn't resist.
:twisted:

MontyB said:
Locke said:
man, can you imagine a bear waking up one morning and going " :cen: i am a hairy mother, i think i need some serious waxing, starting with my legs" ouch lmao

completely wrong but i was just chatting to my friend who works at a brazillian waxing salon 8)

Wow Brazilians must be really hairy if they have their own waxing salons.
:shock:

Sorry couldn't resist.
:twisted:
boom boom
nice dad joke mate!! :p

I shoot the freaking bear. That's why i carry a gun on me period. And if it's bear country. Nothing smaller than a forty five for both the rifle and pistol. S&W Model 25 in .45 Colt and a Marlin 1895G in .45/70 Government.

Quickly rub your whole body with dung (there should be plenty by now) and that way at least he won't enjoy his meal.

I have lived in Alaska for 33 years so I'll give you the Alaska take.

If attacked by a black bear - fight with all you got.

If attacked by a griz - play dead. He/she may smack you around a bit but will eventually leave. Most dangerous - sows with cubs, bears feeding on a kill, your stupid males.

If you have a big gun - shoot until the slide locks back or it goes "click click". If you have a small gun - through it in the river and climb a tree.

Don't run - food runs. Stand your ground - back away slow. *

*Works most of the time but have a backup plan.
Always travel with someone you can out run.

Back