what I want to be - Page 2

--

November 5th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by drilldownmaster2004
Nah Airborne more than rangers
All Rangers are airborne.

My suggestion to you would be research a lot. Learn about as many MOSes as possible, get a grasp of what is and is not possible within each. You are going to find that military life is nothing as the movies portray it, and if you are serious about joining - you better get serious about your research. It's good to have dreams, but you also have to set realistic limits.
November 5th, 2004  
egoz

You have the same idea I do. Which is why I'm looking at 97B in the Army. If I can successfully switch my MOS when my enlistment is done I'm definetly applying for WO Flight Training. As an Airborne CI Agent you are inserted with SF forces. They have AAS under their belt so they insert with Army SF. I think that's the route I'm going to take. The reason I'm taking the enlistment route is because they'll only pay for my school if I go enlisted. I'd go for ROTC, but that's a lot more complicated than you think when it comes to picking pilots from that route. Pilots, particulary for the AF and Navy, are selected out of the Academies first, then those in OCS/OTS, then ROTC.

As far as flying goes, if you want to stay in the action as a pilot, helo pilots are as close as you can get to the action. Not to bash fixed wing fly boys, but 30k feet isn't my idea of being "in the thick of things."
November 5th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

well thats thing I already have 22+hours under my belt in an airplane so im shooting for that
--
November 5th, 2004  
egoz

Quote:
well thats thing I already have 22+hours under my belt in an airplane so im shooting for that
are you trying to get your PPL?
November 7th, 2004  
SHERMAN

dude you are 15..at least you got 3 years or more to think it over..
November 8th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoz
Quote:
Yes I am shooting exactly for that!
November 8th, 2004  
egoz

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by egoz
Quote:
Yes I am shooting exactly for that!
cool, i'm working on mine too. i haven't been able to be very consistent about it because of school, but i should have it done before the end of the year.
November 12th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

well I can't get mine Officially until im 16 so...
November 15th, 2004  
AussieNick

You shouldn't worry about these things at 15. Anyway, if you want the best of both, be a army aviation load master (thats what it's called in Australia anyway). Basically what I mean is be a door gunner on a Blackhawk.
November 15th, 2004  
Ed

Try to do a work experience like activity at both jobs, then see which one you like best.