What you think...

--

March 11th, 2004  
Private Shadow

Topic: What you think...

Everyone thinks im crazy for joining the Army when i get out of HS. Im just getting pulled in two directions. What do you guys think i should do?
March 11th, 2004  
Redneck

Tell "everyone" to go back to hippieland.

Just kidding .

If you really want to be in the military, go for it, it can't hurt you, and nobody is going to force you to re-up if you find it's not for you.
That being said, no one can make the decision for you, and it's hard to even advise someone on what you think is best for them without knowing them and their options pretty well.

But good luck with whatever you decide, if you get any specific questions, we have all kinds of experience here to help you out.

Welcome to the forum by the way.
March 11th, 2004  
Private Shadow

Thanks man. I was thinking about trying to be a Ranger. Anyone here a ranger?
--
March 11th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

I am

Well not really
March 12th, 2004  
Popeye

Talk to RnderSafe
March 12th, 2004  
TheSunsetSniper

I want to join right out of HS as well, and i'm tryin' for Ranger too. Why do you want to be a Ranger? Have you thought about it much?
March 12th, 2004  
Private Shadow

I thought about it a lot. I came up with thinking that I would rather die protecting my country then die a nobody.
March 12th, 2004  
TheSunsetSniper

Good answer... but you could join let's say the 10th Mountain and die for your country.
March 13th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
I came up with thinking that I would rather die protecting my country then die a nobody.
Why do you want to die at all?
March 13th, 2004  
Darkmb101

I agree with RnderSafe. If u go into the military right after highschool, u will miss out on alot of experiences. Read my sig.