What do you think of this gun? - Page 2

--

March 2nd, 2006  
zander_0633

So wad did the colt do excatly to "turn there back on civilians"?

And PJ24, could you be so kind as to tell us how is the feel of the rifle, the firing mode and the reliability and accuracy of the weapon? If it is possible, post so pics of the weapons pic on the forum!
March 2nd, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Colt will no-longer sell any Pre Ban Model AR-15s to civilians.

During the age of Clinton (Man, I hate him). He enacted a bill in the USA that said that civilians could not own certain type of firearms because of some features. Well the ban expired. So people can now own those weapons again. Colt has stated that they will not sell thos eweapons to civilians even though they are now legal once again. So I will now only buy my AR-15 rifle and carbines from S&W, Bush Master, DPMS, and Olympic Arms. To understand further about the "Assault Weapons Ban" check out this site.

http://www.awbansunset.com/
March 2nd, 2006  
zander_0633

Well, why not try to buy second hand weapons? It is best if you have an insider in Colt who sells them to the civilain world! Or try the black market! I think they do sell them!
--
March 2nd, 2006  
5.56X45mm

By Second hand I think you mean used. Yeah, you can do that at any gun show. But I just don't want to deal with Colt anymore. My AR-15 was made by them. But that was before they were asses. Now I will only buy parts and other rifles from the companies I mentioned above.
March 2nd, 2006  
major liability

Since I don't want to start a new topic, anyone care to offer their opinions on the XCR (any variant)?
March 2nd, 2006  
zander_0633

You mean the XM8?
March 3rd, 2006  
major liability

No, I mean:

http://www.robarm.com/xcrtm_modular_weapon_system.htm
March 3rd, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Well, never been on the market yet. They have been saying that the XCR will be out onthe market any time now. That's been something like two years now.

Like I said, the design seems okay. But I have yet to seen one model on the market. So I have no clue how well they are built.
March 3rd, 2006  
zander_0633

Nice gun!