what do you think: Austin girl sues MySpace.com - Page 4

--

June 26th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

LOL..We've all agreed that the girl and her mother are stupid for filing a lawsuit, so now we've moved on to a related topic that hasn't been touched on. heh
June 26th, 2006  
mmarsh

Its a very simple question.

Would you allow your unsupervised child to...

1. Handle powertools?
2. Handle weapons?
3. Drive the Car?
4. Drink alcohol?
5. Go out with people you didn't know?

So why on earth would you let your kid wander the internet unsupervised?
June 26th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
Its a very simple question.

Would you allow your unsupervised child to...

1. Handle powertools?
2. Handle weapons?
3. Drive the Car?
4. Drink alcohol?
5. Go out with people you didn't know?

So why on earth would you let your kid wander the internet unsupervised?
You forgot underaged.
--
June 26th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

so hows this issue wraping up?
June 27th, 2006  
WarMachine

The guy who did it is trying to get violence against a child charged instead of sexual assault or whatever it is. Myspace was original made for bands to show off their style and music, so this social networking thing wasn't their prime motive. It was part of it but they didn't envision kids using it for everything.

Their membership is over 85 million now, i think they ought to be able to pay off 30 million in damages or settle on something like that. More importantly, they need to do something to avoid this in the future since it's happening all the time. I know they can, but there's reprocussions when you have the population of egypt on registered on your site and you want a major overhaul.
June 28th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

whos winning though?
June 28th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
The guy who did it is trying to get violence against a child charged instead of sexual assault or whatever it is. Myspace was original made for bands to show off their style and music, so this social networking thing wasn't their prime motive. It was part of it but they didn't envision kids using it for everything.

Their membership is over 85 million now, i think they ought to be able to pay off 30 million in damages or settle on something like that. More importantly, they need to do something to avoid this in the future since it's happening all the time. I know they can, but there's reprocussions when you have the population of egypt on registered on your site and you want a major overhaul.
MySpace membership is free. They dont recieve profit from memberships.
June 29th, 2006  
WarMachine

Ads though, even small ones probably have premium rates because of the huge audience.
June 29th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Yea, thats true