What do you think of the Aussie Military

View Poll Results :What do you think of the Australians?
Well trained, well equiped soldiers. Hard to fault. 7 36.84%
Good soldiers, do the job without too much fuss 7 36.84%
Fairly average, needs improvement 2 10.53%
Not yet competant 2 10.53%
A bunch of drunks 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

December 29th, 2004  
AussieNick

Topic: What do you think of the Aussie Military

I'm curious to know what peoples opinions are of the Australian military are and how we are viewed around the world. Of course I'm a bit biased, and I'm sure most other Australians are as well, so everyones opinions are welcome.

Example points for discussions are topics such as equipment, current and past action, training, international image etc.

Feel free to refer to my thread of images in the Military Related Topics Forum, or PM me if you have any questions.
December 29th, 2004  
03USMC

The Aussies are pretty hard to beat. Professional and with a great history.
December 29th, 2004  
dougal

Like most armies.

Strenght in numbers
--
Boots
December 29th, 2004  
Turner

There made many mistakes in the past so i realy don't think there are good soliders there will never go to war There are scared there join un But i don't think there good soldiers
December 29th, 2004  
AussieNick

Quote:
There made many mistakes in the past so i realy don't think there are good soliders there will never go to war There are scared there join un But i don't think there good soldiers
Hmmmm, interesting. So you are saying we don't go to war, and we've made lots of mistakes? What makes you say this.
December 29th, 2004  
Turner

like you joined axis during ww2 and ww1 and never tried to help the un by helping them fight
December 29th, 2004  
dougal

Not much back up there!
December 29th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner
like you joined axis during ww2 and ww1 and never tried to help the un by helping them fight

Whoa son. Australia was an Allied nation during the 2nd World War Part of the British Commonwealth Forces. They fought well and with valor.

Point 2 the UN United Nations was not chartered until after WW2.

To all you Diggers. There is one Yank beating his head upon his desk as he ponders the state of public education in the USA.

Me
December 29th, 2004  
AussieNick

Quote:
Hahahaha, that's almost funny. Eh, oh well... Time for a short history lesson, world war 1 we fought as part of the british empire... Ever heard of the Somme, Ypres, Flanders, Gallipoli... all places that we fought and died with the Allies.

And as for world war 2. We were the first army to STOP the JAPANESE advance through the pacific (specifically only the Kokoda trail in PNG).

And what about the Vietnam war, we fought alongside the USA there, and Korea, and both Gulf Wars, Afghanistan etc etc etc.

And as for UN sanctioned work. The Korean war was a UN action, and in recent news, we were the main force in East Timor, and it was a UN action as well.

Quote:
To all you Diggers. There is one Yank beating his head upon his desk as he ponders the state of public education in the USA.
I really hope this isn't a common point of view. It's pretty sad to think there are people getting around thinking things like this. At least your backing me up, thanks 03USMC.
December 29th, 2004  
dougal

Theres no argument,

All of this is true.

Personal opions dont matter, its the facts that count, as above.

But they should be blown up for 'neighbours' and 'home and away'!!!