what medals and ribbons do YOU have? - Page 9

--

May 13th, 2006  
zander_0633

HAha! That's for sure!
May 13th, 2006  
LeEnfield

Zander...You asked me what I meant by the government doing on the cheap, can imaging fighting in about dozen conflicts all over the world and you get one medal for all that and a dozen small bars which name each conflict that fit over the top of medal. the Medal will cost the Government about £10.00 and each bar will cost just a few pence.
May 13th, 2006  
AJChenMPH

Actually, the Americans do the same thing -- for each subsequent award of the same medal, you simply put a little star or device on your ribbon and medal.
--
May 14th, 2006  
zander_0633

Well, atleast you guys get the glory! In my country, very seldom any one in my country gets awards. Besides the Long Service award, I don't think much awards are given out. I know of one guy who got the SEAL badge on his uniform, very big and nice!
June 4th, 2006  
Veubent

National Defense Ribbon and Global War on Terrorism

Don't laugh I'll get more next month
June 4th, 2006  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander_0633
BTW, is it true that the more action you see, the more ribbons you get?
Nope, it isn't true. Just because a guy has a fruit salad (alot of medals) big enough to feed a small country doesn't necessarily mean he has seen any "action" outside of some over flowing toilets and maybe a paper cut. There are a lot of fluff medals out there, and even some that aren't are awarded to guys that may not have seen anything their entire career.

(Btw, my comments are not directed towards or even in reference to Senior Chief's rack)

January 24th, 2007  
AJChenMPH

In order of precedence:
- Commendation Medal
- Achievement Medal
- Unit Commendation w/ 1 bronze star
- Crisis Response Service Award
- Commissioned Corps Training Ribbon (basically our version of graduating from basic officers course)

Office of the Secretary Badge
February 22nd, 2007  
wukong

A nutty question and even nuttier responses.
March 10th, 2007  
jkrzos

I have the Vietnam Service Medal, National Defence and the Good Conduct medals. Inquiring about combat action and Vietnam Campaign Medals.
March 26th, 2007  
Guardsman_Ca

I have the ASR ( Army Service Ribbon) and the NDSM ( National Defense Service Medal ).