what medals and ribbons do YOU have? - Page 18

--

November 25th, 2011  
c/Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koponkof
Oh and one more thing. For the ones who post their unit citations as their own personal ones really need to either not include it on their personal rack or create a special paragraph for it. Get over yourselves lol.
If I could, I would wear my unit awards above my personal ones any day of the week. It's not about you, remember?
November 26th, 2011  
SGTE

ARCOM 2
AAM 1
MUC 1
NUC 1
AGCM 2
NDSM 1
ACM-CS 1
ICM-CS 3
GWTSM 1
NOPDR 1
ISAF NATO 1
ASR 1
OSR 3
CIB 1
November 27th, 2011  
muscogeemike

US ARMY:
MEDALS
Meritorious Service Medal
Army Commendation Medal w/1 silver cluster and 2 Bronze clusters (6 total awards of this medal)
Army Achievement Medal
Good Conduct Medal w/silver bar & knot (7 total of this medal)
National Defense Serive Medal w/1 bronze star (for service during the Viet Nam & Gulf War #1)
Viet Nam Service Medal w/2 bronze stars
Korean Defense Service Medal
Non Commissioned Officer Professional Development Medal w/#3 (Senior NCO level)
Army Service Medal
Army Overseas Medal w/ #5 (overseas tours= Germany-2; Korea-2; Japan-1)
Republic of Viet Nam Campaign Ribbon
Republic of Viet Nam Cross of Gallantry w/palm leaf
Recruiters Badge w/3 gold stars
Expert Weapons Qualification Badge: M-14, M-16 and .45 Cal ACP
--
January 18th, 2012  
Botak

Aussies like Brits tend to be pretty sparse with medals. Unlike the Canadians and Brits, we're not even doing the Diamond Jubilee for Queenie... although strangely enough the civilians seem to be the only ones upset about that.

I have a solitary Australian Defence Medal (or ADM) for 4 years or more effective service (I think I have 8 or so effective racked up). We call it the 'Thanks for Coming' medal, or the 'Coke Gong' as it's red with black/white trim just like a Coke can.

February 9th, 2012  
Trooper1854

Not only getting the Diamond Jubilee medal this year, to keep the Gold Jubilee medal company, but I am also getting my Long Service and Good Conduct, well, Long Service medal too

Just need a dress uniform to wear them on.
February 9th, 2012  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
Not only getting the Diamond Jubilee medal this year, to keep the Gold Jubilee medal company, but I am also getting my Long Service and Good Conduct, well, Long Service medal too

Just need a dress uniform to wear them on.
As they say during presentation, "Awarded for 12 years years of undetected crime."
February 9th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botak
Aussies like Brits tend to be pretty sparse with medals. Unlike the Canadians and Brits, we're not even doing the Diamond Jubilee for Queenie... although strangely enough the civilians seem to be the only ones upset about that.
No doubt I'm entitled to some, but I've never even bothered to inquire what they are.

Every year I turn out for Anzac Day and someone usually asks, to which I reply along the lines of, "They'll make me no richer, nor my life any happier, and I have no need or desire to impress anyone, so what's the fuss"?
February 9th, 2012  
Trooper1854

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
As they say during presentation, "Awarded for 12 years years of undetected crime."
In the Ambulance sevice, we have to do 20 years to qualify for the long service medal!
February 9th, 2012  
BritinAfrica

Trooper is the chap behind you Royal Anglians? Or angle irons as we use to call them.

I was issued a marksman's badge in the RAF on the old 303, and another in the TA on the L1A1. I have no idea if I am entitled to any "gongs" I can't be bothered to find out, besides which, trying to get medals out of the British military is akin to getting blood out of a stone.

A chap was being awarded a GSM (General Service Medal) and was asked if he wanted a parade, like a berk he said yes. After the parade he ended up with his head down the toilet. His mates were really annoyed. lol
February 9th, 2012  
Trooper1854

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica

Trooper is the chap behind you Royal Anglians? Or angle irons as we use to call them.
He is indeed an Amoured Farmer!
We would chant: "I can't read, and I can't write, but that don't really matter, coz I'm a Royal Anglian, and I can drive my tractor"
In a really bad Norfolk accent.

When I got presented with the Golden Jubilee medal, I was called in the office and had the box lobbed at me with an "cop this"
As I'm due a double this year there is talk of a ceremony, but I'm really interested.