What is A Marine?

AmericanSweetheart

A Marine is a Marine all his life. He is a magical creature. You can kick out of your house but not out of your heart. You can take him off your mailing list, but not off your mind. Marines are found everywhere; in love, in battle, in lust, in heat, in trouble, in debt, in bars, and behind them. Marine's come in all shapes, shades, weights, sizes and states of sobriety, misery, and confusion. He is sly as a fox, has the nerve of a dope addict, the stories of an old sailor, the sincerity of a politician and the subtlety of Mount St. Helens. He is extremely irresistible, totally irrational, and completely indestructible. No one can write so seldom and yet think so much of you. No one else can get so much enjoyment out of a letter or clean clothes or a six-pack.

A Marine is a genius with a deck of cards, a millionaire without a cent, and brave without a grain of since. He is the protector of America with the latest copy of Playboy in his pocket. When he wants something, it's usually 30 days leave, music that hurts the ears, a five-dollar bill, or a women he can count on. Girls love them, mothers tolerate them, fathers brag on them, the government pays them, police watch for them and somehow they all work together. You can beat their bodies but their minds; you can take their hearts but not their souls.

He likes girls, females, women, ladies, and members of the opposite sex. He dislikes small checks, working weekends, answering letters, eating chow, waking up, maintaining a uniform, and cutting his hair and the day before payday.

You might as well give in; he is your long distance lover; he is your steel eyed, warm smiling, blank minded, hyperactive; overreacting, curious, passive, talented, spontaneous, physically fit, good for nothing bundle of worry. He shatters all your dreams and fantasies when he drunkenly crawls onto bed with you at 3 o' clock in the morning, kisses you for five minutes, tells you how much he loves you, smokes a cigarette, checks the clock and falls asleep with his head on your chest and hand between your legs and his mind on both. :love:

Are you sure you weren't talking about a sailor. I could swear that was the definition of a Sailor. A girlfriend in every port and numerous bars where he still wasn't allowed entry because of the 1001 fights he'd been in (usally with a Marine - wins/losses 50/50).

The rest of the time when a Marine or Sailor was in a fight it was because someone ganged up on a Marine and a Sailor came to his aid or the opposite - a Sailor got gang attacked and a Marine came to his aid.

Hmmm - maybe there really isn't that much difference - I'll have to think on that one.

Chief Bones said:
Are you sure you weren't talking about a sailor. I could swear that was the definition of a Sailor. A girlfriend in every port and numerous bars where he still wasn't allowed entry because of the 1001 fights he'd been in (usally with a Marine - wins/losses 50/50).

The rest of the time when a Marine or Sailor was in a fight it was because someone ganged up on a Marine and a Sailor came to his aid or the opposite - a Sailor got gang attacked and a Marine came to his aid.

Hmmm - maybe there really isn't that much difference - I'll have to think on that one.
Good old chief always on the navy's side lol.:pirate:

lol istealfreefood, its not that they need more PT time, believe me, they have plenty of time, its just they dont want to.

Contraire

istealfreefood said:
50/50 chief? id say the Marines win them all. Ooh-rah! sailors dont work out enough. you guys need more PT time

I'm 61 and after all these years I believe I can still pass the Navy PT test and I'm a little out of shape.
BIG OOH-RAH!

Anyone who's nomdeplume contains "freefood" may not be able to keep up with an :coffee:"old Chief":coffee: for long so be careful how you bark.
:cheers: Da pounds add up doncha know?:?

Chief Bones said:
Anyone who's nomdeplume contains "freefood" may not be able to keep up with an :coffee:"old Chief":coffee: for long so be careful how you bark.
I'm thinking the Chief has won this round, istealfreefood.

Chief Bones said:
I'm 61 and after all these years I believe I can still pass the Navy PT test and I'm a little out of shape.
BIG OOH-RAH!

:cheers: Da pounds add up doncha know?:?

All I can say is... :rock: OWNED!!! :firedevi:

But so true. Been in one or two 'situations' where someone was callin out a Sailor and this Marine jumped in to give a helping fis..err hand.:box:

Chief, way to be.

I can still do the PT, but the older I get the harder it is to keep in shape.

As for the fights, I never participated in any that weren't controlled. ASF training with some Marines from Kings Bay, GA. I had 6 of the best from that command come in and help me train 49 sailors to stand Force Protection duty. I was the "Old Guy" that tagged along. My only order to the Marines that trained me was that they could not hurt the Old Guy. They promised not to......they lied!

The results of the training was that I can now defend myself better than I could when I was young, I now have 12 Marine friends (6 Marines and their brides) and learned how to withstand repeat rides on virtually every Rollercoaster type ride in the greater Orlando area! Prior to beginning the rides with the Marines and my sailors in 2002 the last time I'd been on a rollercoaster was 1976!

After our training was over all 6 of the Marines and their families came back on the weekends several times and stayed at my place so we could frequent the theme parks. We had fun and I will never forget the times we had.

AmericanSweetheart said:
Thats my husband to a t ya'll (BTW finaly gave in and married my good for nothing marine)
Congratulations!
I wondered why you had not been around. On your honeymoon?

Back