What if Hitler had nuclear weapons?

radarsonar

Evidence shows that Nazi scientists were working on nuclear energy projects, however because of the politicization of the academia in Germany, many renowned scientists fled Germany and this greatly affected nuclear capability of Germany.

Moreover, Hitler was not too much bothered about this "Nuclear weapon" which was beyond his imagination of traditional warfare. So, its clear that Germany could have developed a few 'dirty' bombs with nuclear elements but not a real atom bomb as powerful as the one Americans dropped on Hiroshima n Nagasaki.

1. What if Hitler had nuclear weapons at his disposal? would the outcome of the world war 2 been different?

2. would all the superpowers US, Soviet Union and Germany destroyed each other creating a new world order and unforgettable lesson on nuclear wars.

Well actually, Germany was the closet to creating the nuclear bomb first. However, they couldn't get the right stone to make it work properly, they should have used granite I think but used something else. However they never got a chance to find out what stone to use because the Americans raided the lab before they could find out. They then took the plans and finally made them work.

If Germany had the bomb back around 1943, I'm convinced they would have used it. The Allies then would have completed their own and dropped them on Germany instead of Japan. It would have altered the war, but I believe the outcome would have been the same only with more destruction and death on all sides.

New evidence points to Germany as the first to detonate a nuclear device, toward the end of the war, including lingering radiation five times greater then the surrounding area and intense blast marks. Nearly all the documentation and workers on the project (allegedly including Soviet POWs and Jewish people) had been destroyed. This stuff is brand new that contradicts a lot of pre-accepted history. A eye witness that died recently (apparently couldn't take it to the grave) was being interviewed and he said that only a few people even knew of the project, and even Mussolini was kept in the dark until the end of his life. He had given a few speeches about it, but i doubt he had any real idea on the progression.

There had always been speculation and a theory that Hitler had achieved some sort of nuclear fission, but they never had evidence to back it up. Now it seems that history could be turned upside down by recent discoveries.

If Hitler had indeed managed to create a atomic bomb, he would have done one of two things. Threaten to use it against say London, or New York to force a peace-settlement from the West, or used it against say Moscow, or perhaps that would;t be practical in 1945. He may have had plans to use it tactically to annihilate the massed formations of the Soviet army set to invade Berlin, maybe hoping to thwart a Soviet attack and instead surounder to the allies. I belive he may have been crazy enough to try to hit Mowscow, i can easily hear him saying " If we lose Berlin, you will loose Mowscow"

Germany was working on a dirty bomb to drop on New York. The core would have been high explosive and the rest of the bomb would have been made up with highly radio active material. The idea was to explode high over New York and allow the radiation to be spread by the wind and causing untold deaths by radio active poisoning

Germany was working on a dirty bomb to drop on New York. The core would have been high explosive and the rest of the bomb would have been made up with highly radio active material. The idea was to explode high over New York and allow the radiation to be spread by the wind and causing untold deaths by radio active poisoning
Firstly, the German's had stopped working on an atomic bomb by 1943, the German leadership with advice from its leading nuclear scientists had come to the conclusion that any weapon would not be ready until long after the war. The only nuclear research carried on after this time was on the use of nuclear power as a cheap source of energy.
At no point were the German's ever in advance of the Allies in research on making an atomic weapon during WW2.

Secondly, the German's were not working on a so-called 'dirty bomb'. To make an effective weapon of this type you need nuclear material which has been proccessed through an atomic reactor, otherwise the radioactive material available is not nearly dangerous enough to human health to make a weapon of this type effective. The German's did not have a working nuclear reactor.

New evidence points to Germany as the first to detonate a nuclear device, toward the end of the war, including lingering radiation five times greater then the surrounding area and intense blast marks. Nearly all the documentation and workers on the project (allegedly including Soviet POWs and Jewish people) had been destroyed. This stuff is brand new that contradicts a lot of pre-accepted history. A eye witness that died recently (apparently couldn't take it to the grave) was being interviewed and he said that only a few people even knew of the project, and even Mussolini was kept in the dark until the end of his life. He had given a few speeches about it, but i doubt he had any real idea on the progression.

There was a German author a couple of years ago who claimed this, but the only evidence he had was hearsay, (ie; people who had heard stories about it from other people) and claims of excessive radiation at certain points, which have since been disproved.

Last edited:
If they were not working on a dirty bomb then how come all the materials were on a Submarine heading for Japan along with with instructions on how to build a dirty bomb when the war ended. When the war in Europe ended the Germans surrendered the submarine and it was taken to America were the cargo was so toxic the Americans made the crew unload the Radio Active material. This cargo was not stored in the Submarine but under the false deck of the submarine. The Japanese on board the Submarine committed suicide and were buried at sea.

If they were not working on a dirty bomb then how come all the materials were on a Submarine heading for Japan along with with instructions on how to build a dirty bomb when the war ended. When the war in Europe ended the Germans surrendered the submarine and it was taken to America were the cargo was so toxic the Americans made the crew unload the Radio Active material. This cargo was not stored in the Submarine but under the false deck of the submarine. The Japanese on board the Submarine committed suicide and were buried at sea.

I don't remember when, but I read about this. how about those Hot Air Balloon Bombs, they realised so many over the ocean allowing the
jet stream to guide them. A few did end up in the US and Canada I remember reading that.

I don't remember when, but I read about this. how about those Hot Air Balloon Bombs, they realised so many over the ocean allowing the
jet stream to guide them. A few did end up in the US and Canada I remember reading that.

They were standard bombs delivered by elaborately designed balloons as I recall a couple reached the USA and failed to function and the rest splashed down in the ocean.

http://www.unexplainable.net/artman/publish/article_8992.shtml

You are thinking of U-234.

http://www.uboat.net/boats/u234.htm

If you want to know more about the German atomic program of the time I would recommend Heisenberg's War as it is a good read however Germany had only completed its first atomic pile by the wars end which placed it roughly about the same stage that the USA was in 1942 in terms of producing an atomic bomb.

On the whole Heisenberg really didn't have much of a clue and tried to pretend after the war that his failure was deliberate on order to prevent the Nazi's getting the bomb however post war interrogations and study of his work indicated that he was basically clueless.

Last edited:
One of the reasons that the Japanese built three huge submarines that could carry aircraft was so that they could attack the Panama Canal and places like Los Angeles with the dirty bombs once they had got the material from Germany.

They were standard bombs delivered by elaborately designed balloons as I recall a couple reached the USA and failed to function and the rest splashed down in the ocean.

http://www.unexplainable.net/artman/...cle_8992.shtml

Yeaupeeeeee that the ones, Great! Yes your right only a few made it. But no bang.

Last night on Discovery the were showing the underground City he built in Berlin, massive
bomb shelters surrounded by many Fortified Gun Towers.

J

Last edited:
1. What if Hitler had nuclear weapons at his disposal? would the outcome of the world war 2 been different?
In general, no.

1. Without doubts, production of nuclear weapons during WW2 was post-experimental, i.e. they were produced in couple of bombs. It means that even in the most optimistic scenario (from Hitler's point of view) Germany would be able to create one, two or very maximum - three bombs. No mass production.

2. Next, possible target. This option goes with 2 problems:
a) how to choose most priority target? To drop bomb on the army, concentrating for the next massive offensive just behind the frontline, or try to drop the bomb on the Red Square?
b) As I know, in late 1944 and 1945 German side had very limited resources of aviation, allied sides had almost unquestionable air superiority. I.e., there was very little chance that German bomber, equipped with A-bomb, would reach its target without being troubled by allied fighters.

3. Even if the drop was successful it only would encourage allies to defeat the Nazis ASAP, until they do not start mass production of A-bombs.

The Germans had developed a flying wing aircraft which could have been scaled up to carry a dirty bomb across the Atlantic. The Target for this bomb was New York and being a jet propelled flying wing it would have been flying to high and fast to bothered with Allied Fighters. Now if many thousands of people had been killed in New York I wonder if their resolve to fight on would have been quite so great. There again by this time America would have had its first bomb and I wonder where they might have dropped that

Well actually, Germany was the closet to creating the nuclear bomb first. However, they couldn't get the right stone to make it work properly, they should have used granite I think but used something else. However they never got a chance to find out what stone to use because the Americans raided the lab before they could find out. They then took the plans and finally made them work.

Not so sure about that. The Germans were working on a bomb based on heavy water whereas the Americans used Uranium. My understanding of science is limited by I understand that is considerably harder to cause a atomic reaction via the heavy water approach

Secondly Noweigan Resistence, French Military Intelligence (prior to its capitulation), the RAF, and the British SOE all took turns in thwarting the German Atomic project. The German program was so delayed by sabotoge, air raids and theft of materials that the program never really had a chance.

Last edited:
If Adolph had the the Atomic Bomb he would have used it...as often as he could. Next question.

The first targets would be London and Moscow, and if he had an intercontinental bomber, New york and Washington. He still would have lost, but WWII would be remembered as the first and hopefully only nuclear war in history, as America would soon drop their own A-bombs on Berlin.

Well, they could only had made nuclear bombs. They built rockets (V1, V2) and actually mass-produced and shot them against London by the thousands. They could have put bombs like the TNT, but no, they didn't put any kind of massive explosives in it. It they had a nuclear bomb, they would have most likely pulled two V2s and put the bomb in them and lauched them to Moscow and London. (No, the V1s and the V2s couldn't reach America)

Well, they could only had made nuclear bombs. They built rockets (V1, V2) and actually mass-produced and shot them against London by the thousands. They could have put bombs like the TNT, but no, they didn't put any kind of massive explosives in it. It they had a nuclear bomb, they would have most likely pulled two V2s and put the bomb in them and lauched them to Moscow and London. (No, the V1s and the V2s couldn't reach America)
After nuking london and wiping out the british leadership, Britain would most likely be crippled. Leaving those wacky nazis free to research a submarine carriable nuclear weapon, sneak up to new york, and commence nuclear shenanigans, causing a terrible loss of life. They could also do this to Norflork, doing tremendous damage to the Eastern Seaboard's fleet, and to D.C, obliterating the U.S's leadership.

This would either horribly piss off the united states, or it would make them give up. Britain would probably try to reconsolidate, while the Sovjets start feeling the fury of the atom. If the Americans still wished to fight, you can bet that Berlin would be the target of a nuclear strike (after they finished rebuilding three cities)

Germany would still lose, but America's casualties would be much higher.

If Germany had the bomb back around 1943, I'm convinced they would have used it. The Allies then would have completed their own and dropped them on Germany instead of Japan. It would have altered the war, but I believe the outcome would have been the same only with more destruction and death on all sides.

Note necessarily so... A Japanese Diplomatic signal from Stockholm reported that Germany used uranium atom splitting weapons of enormous power against the Soviets in 1943 and early 1944, but were deterred by Soviet threats to retaliate with mass poison gas attacks.

In May 1944 the British repatriated General der Panzertruppe Hans Cremer to meet with Hitler and convey a warning that Churchill was contemplating dropping Anthrax over Germany unless Hitler abandoned his nuclear project.

In July 1944, USA also warned Hitler via the Legation in Lisbon that if he did not sue for peace within 6 weeks Dresden would be bombed with an Atomic weapon. A B-29 bomber was paraded before the press in England to reinforce the threat.

Hitler met with Roumania's Antonescu on 6 August 1944 and confided in him that although Germany already had nuclear weapons he would not use them until Germany possessed countermeasures to the Allied threats. Germany for example lacked antibiotics to withstand an Anthrax attack. Such an attack would have quickly starved Germany into submission.

Just because Germany did not use nukes against the Western Allies does not automatically imply they never acquired them. There are other more interesting explanations.

Back