What happens when the US leaves Afghanistan? - Page 5




 
--
What happens when the US leaves Afghanistan?
 
September 16th, 2012  
USAgirl
 
What happens when the US leaves Afghanistan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
I believe the base was attacked in response to the US Islam video....
So, the middle east is on fire on 9/11 because of one video put out in July?

It has been reported that the people who stormed that base were in US uniforms and knew the grounds and were armed.

THat is something that had to be planned for some time and organized over a long period of time. It is an inside job, you don't just join the ranks, get access to the grounds and US unifroms over night.

All of these organized tribal groups just happen to have bombs, flags, sticks and stones handy, then all show up at the US buildings at the same time wanting to do harm to Americans over a video released in the US back in July?

And what if we find out down the line that this video was actually used as a way to ignite this violence?

I don't think this is happening because of one video Capt, this is being used to manipulate people.
September 16th, 2012  
03USMC
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
I believe the base was attacked in response to the US Islam video....
Meh. That video is a convenient excuse of the moment, were it not that it would be something else that the radical mullahs would use to inflame the illiterate goat herders that follow them.
September 17th, 2012  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAgirl
So, the middle east is on fire on 9/11 because of one video put out in July?

It has been reported that the people who stormed that base were in US uniforms and knew the grounds and were armed.

THat is something that had to be planned for some time and organized over a long period of time. It is an inside job, you don't just join the ranks, get access to the grounds and US unifroms over night.

All of these organized tribal groups just happen to have bombs, flags, sticks and stones handy, then all show up at the US buildings at the same time wanting to do harm to Americans over a video released in the US back in July?

And what if we find out down the line that this video was actually used as a way to ignite this violence?

I don't think this is happening because of one video Capt, this is being used to manipulate people.
The video may well have been released in July, but it only got worldwide coverage last week when a couple of Arab TV stations broadcast it.

I never knew this video existed prior to last week. Did you?

So the fact that a video is broadcast last week and immediately multiple US and UK embassies across the world are attacked. That's just a coincidence then?

We all know they need little encourage to start burning flags/attacking foreign buildings etc, but do we really need to give them an excuses to do it?
--
What happens when the US leaves Afghanistan?
September 17th, 2012  
USAgirl
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
The video may well have been released in July, but it only got worldwide coverage last week when a couple of Arab TV stations broadcast it.

I never knew this video existed prior to last week. Did you?

So the fact that a video is broadcast last week and immediately multiple US and UK embassies across the world are attacked. That's just a coincidence then?

We all know they need little encourage to start burning flags/attacking foreign buildings etc, but do we really need to give them an excuses to do it?
I never knew about the video but I have seen worse on the Daily Show and Colbert Report. I did go and see it on YouTube, did you Capt?

Broadcast and one week later multiple countries see it at the same time and go and march on the same day??? Can you say "stretchingggggggg"

And even if I gave you "marching" who shows up with rockets to a protest? In a weeks time? And who just happens to have 15 US uniforms handy to sneak in the base in one week and have a layout of the fort in one week?

Man Capt, you are working hard to throw away your own freedom to excuse their actions.

I get the video is disrespectful etc etc and their anger to march.. blah, burn flags..blah, damage buildings..blah blah blah

Actually, the storming and attacking the k-12 schools I don't get and what the heck were they going to do to those children?

Over a cartoon or video????
September 17th, 2012  
Tankboy
 
 
Whether it was due to the video,or not.
Their timing was immaculate.
We should not underestimate their ability to plan ahead.
We will never beat them if we do.
September 17th, 2012  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAgirl
I never knew about the video but I have seen worse on the Daily Show and Colbert Report. I did go and see it on YouTube, did you Capt?

Broadcast and one week later multiple countries see it at the same time and go and march on the same day??? Can you say "stretchingggggggg"

And even if I gave you "marching" who shows up with rockets to a protest? In a weeks time? And who just happens to have 15 US uniforms handy to sneak in the base in one week and have a layout of the fort in one week?

Man Capt, you are working hard to throw away your own freedom to excuse their actions.

I get the video is disrespectful etc etc and their anger to march.. blah, burn flags..blah, damage buildings..blah blah blah

Actually, the storming and attacking the k-12 schools I don't get and what the heck were they going to do to those children?

Over a cartoon or video????
I'm certainly not excusing their actions.

You underestimate the enemy. They clearly have insiders on that base as well as support from other countries.
September 17th, 2012  
USAgirl
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
I'm certainly not excusing their actions.

You underestimate the enemy. They clearly have insiders on that base as well as support from other countries.

I don't underestimate the enemy Capt. They have been attacking the US for years and years across all parties, not just Dem or Rep, when Carter was in office, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush and now Obama, they don't even care who is in office, and if they can't get us on our own soil, they try and do it over seas.

I love when people just like to blame Bush, what a short memory.

Plus, I am seeing all too clear which countries support them and that scares me even more.

Anyway, I am at a loss of how to handle the issue of sleeper cells within the Afgan uniform. I hate our military US Brits etc being sitting ducks.

How do you smoke out the sleeper?
September 17th, 2012  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAgirl
.How do you smoke out the sleeper?
It's not like the movies, John Wayne or the CIA is not going to devise a fiendish plan to bring these people to the surface.

They don't walk around with "Taliban Sympathiser" tattooed across their foreheads. You'll never really get rid of the problem, as in all probability even those ANA members who despise the Taliban, sympathise with these rogue elements to a degree. The fact is, that they dislike us almost as much as the Taliban. The Afghans are a very proud people and they don't take easily to the idea that we are meddling in their affairs. They would far rather do it their own way.

All you can hope to do is try to minimise the times when they can strike with any degree of impunity.
September 18th, 2012  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAgirl
Anyway, I am at a loss of how to handle the issue of sleeper cells within the Afgan uniform. I hate our military US Brits etc being sitting ducks.

How do you smoke out the sleeper?
Seems the solution that's been decided is that NATO/ISAF troops will no longer patrol alongside the Afghans.

It's the only real option available IMO.
September 18th, 2012  
George
 
Just like Racehustlers here are constantly on the look for anything, comment or whatever, that they can exploit for helping their cause, there's no doubt the same types in the M.E. doing the exact same thing. Speaking of flags, they supposedly hate us, so do they keep US flags in stock in case a riot breaks out so they have one to burn?
 


Similar Topics
Canada to vote on extending the mission in Afghanistan
PM Harper makes surprise visit to troops in Afghanistan
Suicide attack on Canadian convoy in Afghanistan
Jet fighters may be recalled from Afghanistan
Uzbekistan halts NATO overflights to Afghanistan