What good thing happened to you today?

--
Boots

November 4th, 2011  
Jessica1988

Topic: What good thing happened to you today?

Life isn't always pleasant, but somewhere in your day something good happened. It's time to celebrate those little things. Did the vending machine drop two Snickers instead of one? Did someone tell you how nice you looked today? Share it here and give yourself a high-five.
November 4th, 2011  
senojekips

Life's a blast!.... and I managed to install a new hard drive in my neighbour's laptop saving her a considerable amount.

We'll see how much better it gets once I've rescued her data from the old drive, (fingers crossed)
November 4th, 2011  
eTe

Went swimming this morning in an over chlorinated pool.
5 hours on I'm still trying to get it out of my eyes haha.
The stinging isn't fun, but the swim was very nice.
--
Boots
November 4th, 2011  
jillyz12

Payday!!!!
November 4th, 2011  
BritinAfrica

I think I have finally manged to understand how my Canon digital camera works after 6 months of brain ache.

They should supply a 6 year old with every digital camera, video and DVD players sold.
November 8th, 2011  
Sara

No phone call from the school with bad news is good news for me. (two teenagers)
November 8th, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I think I have finally manged to understand how my Canon digital camera works after 6 months of brain ache.

They should supply a 6 year old with every digital camera, video and DVD players sold.
It's off topic i know, but what model do you have? I have a cheap Nikon D3000, and a Canon S5 IS, which only cost half as much. I'm absolutely convinced the Canon is a better camera (for an idiot like me anyway)

Back on topic:
I woke up to a new day, an empty slate to be filled with my dreams,.....
November 9th, 2011  
viper2007

Well. I have to share this with all of you- its kinda embarrasing, but here goes...

I did cpr on a gentleman who had stopped his vehicle by the side of the road. His wife was with him and informed me that her husband was experiencing chest pain. While I was giving a lookover, the guy just stopped breathing. Next thing I know, I was over him, doing cpr...

This continued for about 10 minutes, another motorist, who stopped by, called for an ambulance, it came to the scene in about 15 minutes time, and they took over me and continued what I started.

I just got off the phone talking to the wife- her husband is alive and currently under observation in the Critical Care unit.

I said it was embarassing because I am a trained CPR provider, and a registered nurse, trained in Critical Care to boot. This is something I am used to doing when I was working in the Critical Care unit. But the feeling- wow! it is something that I thought I had missed- apparently not!

It happened this morning at about 0730hrs (Singapore time). Frankly, I am still wee bit feeling the rush every time I think about it...
November 9th, 2011  
5.56X45mm

Slept 16 hours straight
November 9th, 2011  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
Well. I have to share this with all of you- its kinda embarrasing, but here goes...

I did cpr on a gentleman who had stopped his vehicle by the side of the road. His wife was with him and informed me that her husband was experiencing chest pain. While I was giving a lookover, the guy just stopped breathing. Next thing I know, I was over him, doing cpr...

This continued for about 10 minutes, another motorist, who stopped by, called for an ambulance, it came to the scene in about 15 minutes time, and they took over me and continued what I started.

I just got off the phone talking to the wife- her husband is alive and currently under observation in the Critical Care unit.

I said it was embarassing because I am a trained CPR provider, and a registered nurse, trained in Critical Care to boot. This is something I am used to doing when I was working in the Critical Care unit. But the feeling- wow! it is something that I thought I had missed- apparently not!

It happened this morning at about 0730hrs (Singapore time). Frankly, I am still wee bit feeling the rush every time I think about it...
Well done Viper and congratulations. You certainly don't need to feel embarrassed, you should feel proud of yourself.