What can you bring?

--

October 7th, 2004  
drunkentyger

Topic: What can you bring?

I read the welcome aboard package materials along with everything else.... It says you cant bring cameras or wacthes.... But i know a couple of people that got pictures of themselves in BT... how did they do that?
And can we really not bring wacthes? How will I be able to know what time it is? lol... im not talking about those fancy ones, but you know... those sporty cheap $20 wacthes....
October 7th, 2004  
Sooners1

I may be wrong, but as far as I know you will not be takin anything with you and if you do it will be in a little brown box with your name on it and will will never see it unless you graduate boot camp. As far as a watch and time, you have no need for time unless you are on firewatch and there will be a big clock in the bay for yo to see. We were not allowed anything.
October 7th, 2004  
03USMC

You will be issued everything you need. Any thing you don't need is contraband.
--
October 7th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

As Sooner said, it ALL goes into a box.....you can bring nothing into boot camp with you.
October 11th, 2004  
EternalOne

Paper Pencils POSTAL SHIT and religous books I belive are allowed to be taken into boot! no need to bring cloths I know civees are banned!
October 11th, 2004  
EternalOne

I leave for boot tonight so Ill find out soon enough lol! Im taking my Bible / PAPER / PENS / Pencils / And a Clip Board so I have somthing to write on. thats it! to take more would be moronic! lol
October 12th, 2004  
Sooners1

Not sure, when I went into boot we were not allowed anything. They gave you chits to go and buy the things you would need. You got so much, had a list of things you had to get. The only thing I was able to take was myself and that was it. We were not able to take pen, pencil, paper nothin.