What Branch Should I Go In?

--

March 6th, 2005  
MarchingBandGuy

Topic: What Branch Should I Go In?

Hello All~

Ok well first of all i'm still in high school but I am planning to go talk to a recruiter this summer. Ok on to the Questions ...

Ok I'm planning to go into translation .. so what should I join Navy or what? Then .. I'm only fluent in English , French and German ... and can carry on a conversation in Russian and Japanese but i'm not really fluent in them.. so will they teach me the rest of the language? And college .. if they pay for your college and teach there .. then is it all military based or do you chose your classes or how does that work?

Thanks~~ Travis
March 6th, 2005  
Charge 7

Although all branches can make use of an interpretor, I would guess that the Navy and the Air Force could make best use of the languages you've listed. Probably most particularly the Navy. Knowing Russian is of course quite valuable to them. If you can carry on a conversation now, I'm sure they would teach you the rest in their schools.
March 6th, 2005  
MarchingBandGuy

WEll i really want to join the Air Force but I want to be where I can be the most use of..
--
March 6th, 2005  
Charge 7

Then join the Air Force. The best branch for you is the one that appeals to you the most. You will give the best service to those you feel the most for. The Air Force's needs for translators is every bit as much as the Navy's. I was just suggesting that due to your knowledge of Russian.
March 31st, 2005  
Tvoi-Vrag

The same goes for me. I am fluent in Russian, but I am learning Serbo-Croatian aswell. I don't know how much use that will be
April 12th, 2005  
capandjrotc

i'm also looking what service to go to which service would be best for and officer
April 13th, 2005  
Sooners1

All of these pend upon personal preferences. I could sit here and tell each of you that the best place to go would be the Marines, someone that has been in the Army would tell you to join that. The only way for you to make a good, solid choice on this would be to go and talk to a recruiter from each branch and see what each has to off YOU, then make a choice that best fits what YOU are lookin for.
May 10th, 2005  
boom_er1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooners1
All of these pend upon personal preferences. I could sit here and tell each of you that the best place to go would be the Marines, someone that has been in the Army would tell you to join that. The only way for you to make a good, solid choice on this would be to go and talk to a recruiter from each branch and see what each has to off YOU, then make a choice that best fits what YOU are lookin for.
I couldn't agree more. You should join whatever branch appeals to YOU the most. For me it was the Air Force. (NO, I was not a pilot ) You may want to see who will offer the best in the way of schooling. My brother-in-law went to Wayne State University (Michigan) for 4yrs did his internship and is currently a Capt. with the Air Force station at Scott AFB. All of his school was paid for by the Air Force. Think long and hard BEFORE you decide.
May 11th, 2005  
implicature

and another thing you need to do for sure is make sure ANYTHING that your recruiter tells/promises you, you need to get it in writing. because if you don't and you get to where ever your basic training is you WILL get screwed out of it if it is not in writing. the reason i say this is because i just got back from Recruit Training for the USMC and there were guys in my platoon that got screwed out of promotions and money and crap like that so get it in writing!!!
May 11th, 2005  
hicks

Army.

Airborne Infantry all the way!