What Branch Should I Go In? - Page 2

--

May 12th, 2005  
grizzly

Ya I'm a freshman and I'm pretty sure that i want to go in the service. I'm currently in that Civil Air Patrol the youth group in the air force as a Master Sergeant. I think ill either go in the Air Force or the USMC. I'm going to talk to recruiters. There is a station right near me. I either want to be a piolet or an MP. Since there are pilots in bother the AF and USMC i could be in both. Ill look in every branch and see whats good for me
May 12th, 2005  
hicks

If you want to be an MP, do it in the Army.

They can get your more on your contract and you can even be Airborne with that MOS!
May 13th, 2005  
grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicks
If you want to be an MP, do it in the Army.

They can get your more on your contract and you can even be Airborne with that MOS!
Ya I probably could but I personaly like the Marines better than the other branches. A lot better than the Army
No offense to you Army guys or anybody else
--
June 9th, 2005  
4th Inf. Div. Vet

I suggest you talk to recruiters from the branches you like. Next, do not make your decision until you have talked with everyone. Tell them what you would like to do and make sure you get it in writing. Remember, while you are talking to a recruiter, you hold the upper hand, you are NOT in the military and do not be afraid to get up and walk out if you do not hear the things you want to.

Good luck!!!!
June 11th, 2005  
MI Blues

Topic: Language Training

One word of warning - Just "knowing" the languages you say you know won't guarantee you'll be placed in a language-use MOS or rating. Virtually all of those positions require a security clearance, and an extensive background check. Be prepared to have your friends and family politely harrassed by military intellegence investigators regarding your personal history and habits, etc.

Additionally, as a two-time graduate of the Defense Language Institute, I have seen some absolute rock-heads who were willing to put forth the effort graduate from the hardest language courses, and I have seen some supposed "native speakers" who grew up with the language spoken in their home who did not have the discipline or ability to learn the technical points of the language, and therefore "washed out" of DLI.

It's not easy. But it is worthwhile.