Welcome Home, Fellow Vets !

ProudGulfVet

I am proud to join my brothers and sisters in the service, present and former. I am a 12 year veteran of the U S Army. I served in most of the usual places, Germany, S. Korea, Ft. Carson, but had an unusual excursion from main stream service. I spent 7 years assigned to a reserve unit as asst. motor sergeant(1 year) and motor sergeant(6 years). We were activated for Desert Storm and spent 9 months in Saudi Arabia running the seaport, unloading and reloading the ships. We had the longest activation of any reserve or national guard unit in the war. 1 year after returning from the Gulf, my position was eliminated, and I was reclassified to the M1 tank, as no position was available for me at the time. I went to Ft. Knox for training and then to Camp Casey, S. Korea for a tour. I was to go to warrant officer school after Korea to become a maintenance tech, but loss of my family care plan made it necessary for me to leave the service.
I do wish I could have finished my military career, but family comes first.:sniper:

Back