War vets feature in US army game

KC72 said:
What do you al think on this? the game is blatentley a recruting tool, but is that good or bad ? and is getting vets to promote it just part and parcel of the commercial world we live in?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4991306.stm

Most that worked on the previous are not vets but are actually still active duty, same with the new one. Not only does it help in the development to have real military involved in military games, but it also helps to educate those that would like to know more or think they know but really don't about the military.

America's Army isn't just some game a big company dreamt up, it was fed and designed initially by the DoD as a training aid. It developed into a game and only went commercial for the XBOX, etc about a year ago (it's been out for longer than that, though and you can still get it for free online.)

it came out years ago with the intent of being a recruiting tool, but it has since flourished into a very popular game that anyone, regardless of their interest in joining the military, can enjoy.

We've helped with a few games. It's a lot of fun except when they ignore what we tell them and do things the uber hollywood way.

It's a great idea, and if someone decides they want to join the military because of it, even better.

The thing I like about it was that in Novalogic's Delta Force series if you go off the reservation and do a blue on blue they hunt you but you still get to play. In AA if you try to cap a DS, game ends, you start over from square one. Its a game but at the same time its not. I would show it to my boy as a prep for at least some of the differences between Hollywood and the real world.

bulldogg said:
The thing I like about it was that in Novalogic's Delta Force series if you go off the reservation and do a blue on blue they hunt you but you still get to play. In AA if you try to cap a DS, game ends, you start over from square one. Its a game but at the same time its not. I would show it to my boy as a prep for at least some of the differences between Hollywood and the real world.

Yeah, definitely, because if you try to cap a DS in real life, the game also ends, except there's no reset button on that game. :lol:

lol army recruiters hand out the game cd to kids.. so it was ment to be a recruiting tool.
my friend so dumb.. he said dont friendly fire cuz the CIA will come catch you.. lolol!
I tried the game cuz the recruiter gave me it.. but it suck as gameplay if u tried battlefield 2 or counter strike series.. good to bad never works.

JulesLee said:
lol army recruiters hand out the game cd to kids.. so it was ment to be a recruiting tool.
my friend so dumb.. he said dont friendly fire cuz the CIA will come catch you.. lolol!
I tried the game cuz the recruiter gave me it.. but it suck as gameplay if u tried battlefield 2 or counter strike series.. good to bad never works.

Whoa, was that even English?

Back