Wanna try what i do for a living?

Well, sir, let me tell you about being married. I am married to a nurse (I am a registered nurse myself). Now that is one woman who knows how to handle sharp instruments. When she is about to administer injections to her patients, the question they always ask is, "Does it hurt?"

Her reply was this- "For me, no..."

And in Singapore, we have a silly joke about men getting life partners.

Marry a female bus conductor- "Oi, get in to the back..."
Marry a nurse- "Now, that is not so bad, is it...?"
Marry a telephone operator- "Please hold on while I pass you to the next person"
The best... marry a teacher. Why? If you do something wrong, she will make you do it again and again till you get it done to her satisfaction.

Now, do you still wish to remain single...?

As for the ladies, we always say that they should marry someone from the military. A very sensible thing to do, you see.... these boys are good are keeping the place clean, they can cook something out of almost anything they can lay their hands on, and the best thing of all- They ARE good and carrying out instructions without much argument.

I've said this before somewhere in this forum- my relationship with my wife is very much like the Army- I am the General and she is the Major. I get to make General decisions, and she gets to make Major decisions...:salute2:

I hear you brother!

However, My other half is ex-military intelligence but now working as a paramedic.

She often tells me that she could make my death look like an accident! With her military and medical training (not to mention the drugs she had access to), I don't doubt her!!

I'm far from single as we've been together for nearly 20 years. I just haven't put a ring on her finger and I have no plans to change that! ;)

I hear you brother!

However, My other half is ex-military intelligence but now working as a paramedic.

She often tells me that she could make my death look like an accident! With her military and medical training (not to mention the drugs she had access to), I don't doubt her!!

I'm far from single as we've been together for nearly 20 years. I just haven't put a ring on her finger and I have no plans to change that! ;)

You know, Captain, there is big possibillity that your partner and my wife may have some blood relation. Come to think of it, they (the ladies) all are. You will see women rallying together to provide this so-called mutual support to each other. The way they would do it would even put NATO to shame...

And these statements they make, it seems pretty universal- one very popular- your money is my money, my money is still my money... I bet you've heard that too...

And that combination- military intelligence and medical- I am not surprise if the British Secret Service would approach her for some new technique in information extraction...

Last edited:
I hear you brother!

You need to behave, my friend. So treat her nicely....or pay. So a wedding is coming up? Do you invite us to it? If you don't I may call your fiancé!! Not a threat..........

You need to behave, my friend. So treat her nicely....or pay. So a wedding is coming up? Do you invite us to it? If you don't I may call your fiancé!! Not a threat..........

I do behave most of the time. She's treated like a princess with full access to the bank account and my motors! :shock:

I have no plans to get on her bad side, as I'll not make it alive! :(

A wedding is certainly NOT coming up! Do you think I want to end up like Highway Man? Do I feck!! ;)

She isn't even my fiancé! :lol: I have no plans to "put a ring on it".

That was forced, I've seen the police report - serve 22 years in the Royal Marines or spend 22 years as a brownie leader............... oh hang on!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is something that I have considered. When I had my heart set on coming back to the UK. But, I do not think it will be for me, I mean, I have utmost respect for it, and if I were to join the Navy (which is the plan), I would like to be in some kind of role which doesn't involve desk-jockeying.

I spoke to Unc about the Marines, after that chat, I took a second look at it and decided that it mightn't be for me. But who knows, things change. It's a state of mind, after all.
you are correct....... it IS a state of mind.... I had an opportunity to work with a very select group of men back in the day..... best 7 years I had in the military, the training, the comradery.... to belong is unique in itself, to be accepted is an honor - DO NOT try if your heart is not 1000% into it. If you attempt it - much luck to you.
171.gif

this thread is akin to

did not

did to

did not

did to

did

not

did

not

did-not-did-not-didnotdidnotdidnotdidnotdidnotdidnotdidnotditnot :mrgreen:

Back