USS Liberty - Israel's "War of Self Defense" - Page 4

--

June 9th, 2009  
Wallabies

Quote:
BUT...The Israeli minister of Defence Moshe Dayan was very timid of confrontation with any super power. Hell, he dident even want to attack Syria, he thought Syria and Egypt togather were too much...
Like the US would ever go to war with Israel.
June 9th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
The problem with this is that theoretically they were already on the Israeli side so why take the risk alienating your only supporter?
I believe that a country like Israel could never have too many allies, and also that they would not be above trying to anger the US to the point where they became a lot more actively involved. It has been shown that the Israelis have pulled similar stunts on their "Ally" on several other occasions. It also seems that others far better qualified than I, seem to share this opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
I hardly see the point....Considering Israel was already winning the war.
I don't agree, not even a little bit. Winning?? Wars are not won or lost until they are over, and I feel that this war is still a long, long way from over.

Israel may have been "winning the battle" at that time, but that means very little in time of war. The German's were "winning" when they marched into Paris in 1940.

I believe there is a very appropriate American saying that covers this. "The game's not over until the fat lady sings". And I feel we might be waiting for the fat lady's great grand daughter in this case.
June 9th, 2009  
EladBell

the war was over after 6 days and 5 nation's armies where desroyed,i waoul;d call this a victory meanning Israel WON,u talk about the aftermath and indded there are great consiquinces for the war,but fact is that 2 out of the closest nations to Israel are in peace with Israel now,becasue of that war.
now if we speak about the attack,something that the great USA tries to cover up will not be discovered soon,get used to it,if it was a mistake we all are human,if it was not then i bet each side has its own reason to cover this up,diggin in the history is not a wise thing,look forward to your future,learn from your past,but dont live it.
--
June 9th, 2009  
A Can of Man

On the other hand it's easy for us to judge being so far away.
June 9th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by EladBell
the war was over after 6 days and 5 nation's armies where desroyed,i waoul;d call this a victory meanning Israel WON,u talk about the aftermath and indded there are great consiquinces for the war,but fact is that 2 out of the closest nations to Israel are in peace with Israel now,becasue of that war.
now if we speak about the attack,something that the great USA tries to cover up will not be discovered soon,get used to it,if it was a mistake we all are human,if it was not then i bet each side has its own reason to cover this up,diggin in the history is not a wise thing,look forward to your future,learn from your past,but dont live it.
I find your last remark quite amazing taking into account the love of Jews for constantly reminding the world of events in their relatively recent past, going all the way back into the diaspora.

Digging up historic "cover ups", is the only way we as decent human beings can convince people that their acts of treachery will eventually be uncovered, and hopefully prevent a recurrence of similar happenings. Only those with things to hide have reason to see it glossed over and forgotten.
June 9th, 2009  
viewer

the outcome of the war was clear after the 1st day....
dragging USA to the war and risking WW3 since USSR could respond....
nah, make up something better
June 9th, 2009  
EladBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
I find your last remark quite amazing taking into account the love of Jews for constantly reminding the world of events in their relatively recent past, going all the way back into the diaspora.

Digging up historic "cover ups", is the only way we as decent human beings can convince people that their acts of treachery will eventually be uncovered, and hopefully prevent a recurrence of similar happenings. Only those with things to hide have reason to see it glossed over and forgotten.
ouch?
i dont think any of the people on the world can even say a word about events from the past that happend to the jews,so lets go your way,through the entire history jews were killed all over the world becasue they were jews,now this fact cant be ignored.we are tring to start all over again here,but 5000 years cant be forggoten that quickly.
June 9th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer
the outcome of the war was clear after the 1st day....
dragging USA to the war and risking WW3 since USSR could respond....
nah, make up something better
What difference would it make if USA helped fight your enemies. You were alredy doing that and the USSR was not getting involved. This talk of a possible WWIII is a very poorly thought stretch of your imagination, as the USA was already doing things against the USSR that were far more dangerous than merely siding with Israel.

If what you suggest was true, please pat the guide dogs belonging to your fighter pilots.

I just love animals, it's lying humans that I can't stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EladBell
ouch?
i dont think any of the people on the world can even say a word about events from the past that happend to the jews,so lets go your way,through the entire history jews were killed all over the world becasue they were jews,now this fact cant be ignored.we are tring to start all over again here,but 5000 years cant be forggoten that quickly.
I like so many others sympathise with the Jewish people over the holocaust, however those in who live in glass houses should not throw stones accusing others of dragging up past history.

The past is all we have to learn from, but first the truth about that past must be made known. This incident is certainly something that need a full and open disclosure of the facts, as stated by one of the survivors. "If it was an accident, it was the best planned accident I've ever heard of" - USS Liberty survivor.

Plus there is also the damning evidence which I quoted earlier that has been conveniently overlooked.
Quote:
Moorer, who as top legal council to the official investigation is in a position to know, agrees that Israel intended to sink the USS Liberty and blame Egypt for it, thus dragging the United States into a war on Israel's behalf. This seems to be a common trick of Israel. Starting with the Lavon affair, through the USS Liberty, to the fake radio transmitter that tricked Reagan into attacking Libya , to potentially 9-11 itself , Israel's game is to frame Arabs and set them up as targets for the United States.
These were not all "mistakes" surely? It appears that Israel is building up quite a name for itself by using these treacherous deceptions upon their "Allies".
June 9th, 2009  
EladBell

you forgot about the massacre in Sudan,the war in afghanistan,the war in Iraq,oh and the great flood.
all us.
June 9th, 2009  
viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
What difference would it make if USA helped fight your enemies. You were alredy doing that and the USSR was not getting involved. This talk of a possible WWIII is a very poorly thought stretch of your imagination, as the USA was already doing things against the USSR that were far more dangerous than merely siding with Israel.

If what you suggest was true, please pat the guide dogs belonging to your fighter pilots.

I just love animals, it's lying humans that I can't stand.

I like so many others sympathise with the Jewish people over the holocaust, however those in who live in glass houses should not throw stones accusing others of dragging up past history.

The past is all we have to learn from, but first the truth about that past must be made known. This incident is certainly something that need a full and open disclosure of the facts, as stated by one of the survivors. "If it was an accident, it was the best planned accident I've ever heard of" - USS Liberty survivor.

Plus there is also the damning evidence which I quoted earlier that has been conveniently overlooked.These were not all "mistakes" surely? It appears that Israel is building up quite a name for itself by using these treacherous deceptions upon their "Allies".
like what? the worst confrontation i can remember was the cuban crysis. and even then USA didn't attack russian ally directly....
P.S i take responsibility for the great flood :<