USNSCC - United States Navy (naval) Sea Cadet Corps

SureShot223 said:
In my opinion, the Sea Cadets is the best program and the toughest. I went to the first Combat Seabee training in Sea Cadet history (July 2004) and they are discontinuing the training because of the drop out rate and on account of equaling the toughness of Mini BUD/S training which was the hardest, toughest, and restlessness training in the Sea Cadets. In order to go there, you must pass the actual SEAL PT test, which is said to be the hardest in the world ( BUD/S that is). I successfully completed Combat Seabee Training by the way.

I am sure that they do not hike loaded with gear for 15 KM's and then do PT for hours at a time

depends on which training you go to, and during boot camp if you piss off the RDC's enough, you might have a PT party everyday, for hours on end.

USAFAUX2004 said:
SureShot223 said:
In my opinion, the Sea Cadets is the best program and the toughest. I went to the first Combat Seabee training in Sea Cadet history (July 2004) and they are discontinuing the training because of the drop out rate and on account of equaling the toughness of Mini BUD/S training which was the hardest, toughest, and restlessness training in the Sea Cadets. In order to go there, you must pass the actual SEAL PT test, which is said to be the hardest in the world ( BUD/S that is). I successfully completed Combat Seabee Training by the way.

I am sure that they do not hike loaded with gear for 15 KM's and then do PT for hours at a time

And you do? That usually isn't done in CAP, considering it sounds as if you are doing a training mission and PT (not equal to symbol) Emergency Services training.

Please watch how you respond. If they say something you don't agree with, approach it with maturity or don't approach it at all.

CrazyCadet142 said:
SureShot223 said:

And you do? That usually isn't done in CAP, considering it sounds as if you are doing a training mission and PT (not equal to symbol) Emergency Services training.

Please watch how you respond. If they say something you don't agree with, approach it with maturity or don't approach it at all.

I agree Ms Shuping....

But its great that you are happy with the program you are in. But remember there are many other things that we can do and infact do. PJOC is the equivalent to what you are talking about to us and not for the weak bunch, the have had a low attrition rate and so on like you explained. Just don't overdo what you're saying, rubbing it in can come to mind almost.

Sea_Cadet said:
SureShot223 said:
Yeah, they have had a CB construction training at Port Huyneme in CA but this was a all out combat school and it just got shut down because of the stuff they made us do. It was considered child abuse and the brass didnt like it

If that was tru then SEAL training is gone, but it's not, I'm going to field training in the first summer evolution.

Trust me, you have no idea. I am going to basic field training at Camp Roberts in CA in 2005 (June). Is that the one you are going to?

SureShot223 said:
Sea_Cadet said:
SureShot223 said:
Yeah, they have had a CB construction training at Port Huyneme in CA but this was a all out combat school and it just got shut down because of the stuff they made us do. It was considered child abuse and the brass didnt like it

If that was tru then SEAL training is gone, but it's not, I'm going to field training in the first summer evolution.

Trust me, you have no idea. I am going to basic field training at Camp Roberts in CA in 2005 (June). Is that the one you are going to?

Yes I am Field Training at Camp Roberts under LCDR Six, who was the Ops. Officer at my Boot Camp, I thought he was a little agitated at having to be there. The Evolution begins on Sunday 6/19/05 and ends 7/3/05. I'm pretty sure you went to Advanced Seabee Because it is not being offered in '05. They probably can't do it due to the deployment of the Battalions this summer.

Sea_Cadet said:
SureShot223 said:
Sea_Cadet said:
SureShot223 said:

Yes I am Field Training at Camp Roberts under LCDR Six, who was the Ops. Officer at my Boot Camp, I thought he was a little agitated at having to be there. The Evolution begins on Sunday 6/19/05 and ends
7/3/05. I'm pretty sure you went to Advanced Seabee Because it is not being offered in '05. They probably can't do it due to the deployment of the Battalions this summer.

No I went to basic Seabee at Camp Rilea in Astoria OR and they shut them down because they were "abusing" cadets and all the weak ones quit and COs complained as well as some Females. Whats your name incase I run into you at Field Training?

SureShot223 said:
Sea_Cadet said:
SureShot223 said:
Sea_Cadet said:
SureShot223 said:

Yes I am Field Training at Camp Roberts under LCDR Six, who was the Ops. Officer at my Boot Camp, I thought he was a little agitated at having to be there. The Evolution begins on Sunday 6/19/05 and ends
7/3/05. I'm pretty sure you went to Advanced Seabee Because it is not being offered in '05. They probably can't do it due to the deployment of the Battalions this summer.

No I went to basic Seabee at Camp Rilea in Astoria OR and they shut them down because they were "abusing" cadets and all the weak ones quit and COs complained as well as some Females. Whats your name incase I run into you at Field Training?

SA Aaron Castro, Ingraham Division

How challenging is the Sea Cadets? I am in MCJROTC right now, and I want to push myself even further. Is the Sea Cadets worth my time? If I want to join, I have to pay the $100 myself, if its not worth it then I want to put that money towards college or Quantico.

Yes it is very worth it, and we are the best in my opinion and you will share that once you join. One reason why we are the best is the advancement requirements, and you actually are taught everything by active duty personnell when you go on trainings. But what grade are you, if you're a freshman sign up as soon as possible and you be able to make Boot this summer.

I went throught boot over the winter at Port Hueneme, Winter RTC '04-'05.

I have secure my billets to Field Ops school 6/19/05-7/03/05, And I'm staffing an RTC as a Yeomen this summer at Port Hueneme, you'll get it if you want to staff immediately after your RTC. That means you have what it takes, a lot don't have what it takes.

I am a sophomore in HS.
How much has the sea cadets program cost you financially so far?

$100 initial fee
$40 winter RTC '04-'05
------------------
next up to bat
$80 Field Ops School 6/19/05-7/3/05
$160 Staff at Port Hueneme RTC 7/31/05-8/13/05

Each training initially goes up $80 for the next one after the first one for the summer deployment period. Bu there is a loophole you can exploit if you go to like 3 or four, even though I havn't found it, it is a flat fee.

Sea Cadets For Life!!

Sea_Cadet said:
Never will you come to my territory, with that message. You guys can't even PT your cadets.

We can and we do. We need Pt to keep going in the program.
CAP RULES!
HOORAH!

ntt said:
Not all places are the same! And things change with time.

The camp I went to when I was in cadets was tough stuff! Lots of running, push ups, drill, and the Divisional Petty Officers had full charge over you. Now, things are more tonned down, with Personal Harrasment Issues and stuff.

I hate the "new" CHAP rules, SHARP was better. Plus when they did all the initial seminars about CHAP they had everyone coming forward with issues of "harassment" and "abuse" that were largly unsubstantiated. Wasted alot of time and money switching.

On a happier note, things def. do change. I'm almost regretting quitting air cadets, all the officers got jumbled around after I left.

Back