USMC Lat-Move to 2011

VikingDevilGirl225

Hi y'all!!!

I have questions. I'm attempting to lat-move to 0211 (Counter-Intel) with my re-enlistement. I already have most of my package put together (minus the routing) i.e. I've taken the DLAB (108), the TABE (12.9), gotten my SRB copied, and have my physical screening appointment through medical.

However, there are two things I'm concerned about;

1) I have an anxiety disorder that started on my stint in Iraq. I get anxiety attacks randomly sometimes, and go into panic attacks from certain triggers. I'm working on controlling them (see: MHU), and hopefully will be "normal" soon.

2) My Gunny said that he knew someone in 0211. He went into villages in Iraq and collected intel by befriending those in the area. He got caught and spent a year in rehab because of the injuries he sustained while being captured. As a female, would I be put in that situation with the female Iraqis?

I'm really excited about this change in my career, however, there are still some unknowns that I'd like clarified. If you have ANY information, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

:cowb:

MHU will have to clear you for re-enlistment if you are currently receiving care from them. If you are still functioning in your current MOS and billet it shouldn't be a problem.

Every Unit in the Corps has a two shop so what your duties are will depend on your unit. Could you be out gathering HUMINT sure part of your MOS.

Hi y'all!!!
1) I have an anxiety disorder that started on my stint in Iraq. I get anxiety attacks randomly sometimes, and go into panic attacks from certain triggers. I'm working on controlling them (see: MHU), and hopefully will be "normal" soon.
:cowb:

Good luck getting everything under control, I retired in 99 from the Navy and they told me I have ptsd issues, so I have an idea for what you are going through, like I said in another post though,

(1) your welcome at my house anytime
(2) I understand your pain and offer a ear to listen anytime

Sgt,

Thanks. MHU has no problem clearing me. It's the interview with the 0211 guys that worries me. Are they going to see me as "un-fit," even if MHU has cleared me for "normal" work? Although, I did hear that it is a highly critical MOS right now, so they're taking pretty much everyone they can get. I'm just hoping I'm "everyone." LOL

Back