USMC are fanatics?

--
Boots

May 29th, 2005  
Gunnie

Topic: USMC are fanatics?

U.S. Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever known. They treat their service as if it was some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everythng they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics...., which I have come to the conclusion they are!"
-- An Anonymous Canadian Citizen

Who ever the Canadian Citizen is that posted this remark about the USMC I would like to have had with me in Nam. I would have made you take point every dam day. You wouldn't even qualify for the cub scouts nor would you dare make that remark to any marine in person. You hide behind your computer, you coward!
May 29th, 2005  
Pete031

It's a known remark man..... Noone from this forum, and I believe that it was a remark made in Awe, not an insult.
May 30th, 2005  
Kilgore

Good for them, at least you can guarantee they will hold their ground/attack when told to.
--
Boots
May 30th, 2005  
chewie_nz

wrong forum too, i think gunny may have missed the point
May 30th, 2005  
FutureDevilDog

Isn't Gunny spelled with a "y", Gunnie?
May 30th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

Topic: Re: USMC are fanatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnie
U.S. Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever known. They treat their service as if it was some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everythng they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics...., which I have come to the conclusion they are!"
-- An Anonymous Canadian Citizen

Who ever the Canadian Citizen is that posted this remark about the USMC I would like to have had with me in Nam. I would have made you take point every dam day. You wouldn't even qualify for the cub scouts nor would you dare make that remark to any marine in person. You hide behind your computer, you coward!
So you don't agree with the statement then, well it's widespread, and I'm sure it wasn't on the computer when the canuck said the darn thing.
May 30th, 2005  
A Can of Man

The Marine Corps is a cult
May 30th, 2005  
Redleg

Could you please specify Why you have posted this here Gunnie??

Thanks.
May 30th, 2005  
Gunnie

Topic: In reply to those who asked some questions

To the person that asked why I spelled my name Gunnie? Because this group already had someone with that spelling. Why I posted this message on this group? I just stumbled here looking for sniper info and came accross this group. I saw that crack about marines and couldn't resist the temptation to comment. Thank you.
May 30th, 2005  
chewie_nz

sorry mate but i think you should have got more of a "feel" for this forum before commenting on anything...for the most part we are all military folk and we're all pretty much aware of the rules...

plus there are many MANY marines that post here....and they certianly haven't taken offence

take the comment in the spirit it was given