USC vs. OSU

*cough*Big 12*cough* is the best league. I think 5 of them are on the top 10 in the BCS.

*cough*Big 12*cough* is the best league. I think 5 of them are on the top 10 in the BCS.

Actually, that was the SEC this past week, and the five teams went 4-1 with the one loss being #10 Auburn losing to #6 LSU. In the latest poll the Big 12 and SEC both have four teams in the top ten. The Pac-10 by comparison has only two top-25 teams, same number as the WAC and one fewer than the MWC.

lol... jeez.. we do this every year. I need some more PAC-10 supporters on here. I am getting thrashed... we may only have 2 top 25 teams, but we do have the #1 spot.. Thanks.. have a nice day.

You know what's really sad? The Big 12 and SEC are going to knock each other out of contention, USC will get in because they played one decent team that was missing the preseason Heisman favorite and the rest of their schedule was against unr-anked opponents, in the meantime a school from the ACC or Big East will probably sneak in simply because they don't have to face the type of competition that exists in the Big 12 and SEC this year. Those two conferences could be sending eight teams each to bowl games, the Cotton Bowl should be absolutely amazing this year.

^^^ *YAWN* ... heard it all before... there was a team like that last year... WAC... Hawaii. Yeah don't even put us in the same level as them.

We heard all this the same year we beat OU 55-17.

Just keep dreaming... :D

^^^ *YAWN* ... heard it all before... there was a team like that last year... WAC... Hawaii. Yeah don't even put us in the same level as them.

We heard all this the same year we beat OU 55-17.

Just keep dreaming... :D

No, what the rest of the country was saying was don't send Oklahoma to the title game again, they blew it last year, Auburn vs. USC is who we want to see. You victimize yourself in such a horrible manner, bad idea when there are people who clearly remember it being the other way. It's why people like me are needed, I'm neutral, my school just completed the transition to D-1, five years ago my state did not have a single D-1 program and now we have two. Nobody was arguing whether or not USC should have been in the championship game in 2004, the argument was whether the other team should be Auburn or Oklahoma.

I am not a huge USC fan but I do prefer to be honest by default. How can anyone claim USC is not the best in NCAA football? I know I wouldn't bet against them any time soon.

Forget the Big Ten supposedly being a joke: I'd be more ready to say the Big 12.

Nebraska is horrible. Missouri is highly ranked, but who have they played? The 5th best team in the Big 10? Oklahoma is the king of running up the score against nobodies. And, as TI pointed out, USC pounded them in the NC a few years back. Texas can't make it out of their own conference. My High School has a better defense than Texas Tech. And Kansas has proved that they can't beat anyone any good.

The Big 12 was good about 8 years ago, but now it's in a downturn. It will get better, but there needs to be more teams than just Texas, Oklahoma, and the North Division's flavor of the week with a chance to win the conference before it can be considered any good.

But, I think there's at least one conference that everyone can agree stinks: The ACC.

Let's, a BCS bowl win and a three point loss to the #12 team in the nation, Kansas' resume is HORRIBLE!!!!11!1!111!!!!1!!! But let's be fair, only a handful of teams have actually played a team that should be at their own level to this point, USC being the exception because of the already mentioned ridiculously weak conference schedule. The "You haven't played anyone." excuse can't be used so early in the season, especially for teams in conferences that have some depth. Most of the games so far have been the gimmies put in to help the cash strapped smaller schools maintain their programs and the competition isn't expected to be very tough.

And tell me, how many players are left on Oklahoma's or USC's rosters from their last meeting four years ago? How many of them actually played? Which conference's champ defeated USC the next year despite having two fewer Heisman trophy winners on their roster? How many naitonal championships does the Big 12 have in the last... 15 years compared to, I don't know, every other conference in the sport?

I am not a huge USC fan but I do prefer to be honest by default. How can anyone claim USC is not the best in NCAA football? I know I wouldn't bet against them any time soon.
Have you looked at their schedule?! They play nobody! It's just like Hawaii... They played no one all season, and look at that, they ended up undefeated. And what happened when they got to the Bowl? They got the crap beat out of them by an SEC team. I would bet my entire life's savings on UGA beating USC, AU vs USC, UA vs USC, FL vs USC, LSU vs USC, etc etc. Any of them could take on the Trojans and win. Again, yall have the Number 1 spot because you DON'T PLAY ANYONE. You honestly can tell me that USC could take Georgia's schedule and come out with a Number 1 spot? Or even a winning record? HAH! I doubt it.

yall? I am not a USC fan. I just think they are a really good team and have been for yrs. They are not good once in awhile, they are good every year. I do think LSU and a few others could beat them, in general though I think they are probably the best currently. I wish Notre Dame or Penn State was but I'd have to go with USC if I were asked who the best is in the NCAA.

yall? I am not a USC fan. I just think they are a really good team and have been for yrs. They are not good once in awhile, they are good every year. I do think LSU and a few others could beat them, in general though I think they are probably the best currently. I wish Notre Dame or Penn State was but I'd have to go with USC if I were asked who the best is in the NCAA.
That last bit was directed towards TI. Good is relative... I think Missippi State is good compared to Opelika County High School... But USC does not play a hard schedule. They NEVER play a hard schedule. Because no one in their division is THAT hard. The SEC plays on a whole different level. When people from out of the SEC play a team from the SEC and they get hit, they stay down for a minute. It's like going from college to the NFL... When college players get hit the first time in the NFL, they're knocked down. Because they've never experienced it before. But SEC players don't, because, for the most part, they're used to big stick hits. Case and point... REGGIE BUSH. When he had his first hit, he stood up, and fell right back to his knees. You don't see that out of SEC players who get drafted as often. If USC was put in the SEC, they'd be above MSU, maybe above TEN, but that's about it.

Oh I dunno bout that. USC has the most folks drafted into the NFL for yrs now I think. I would assume USC has some of the most NFL ready players in the NCAA.

Back