USAF Declares Initial Operational Capability For Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor

zander_0633 said:
In total, How many F-15 have been produced in the world?

I don't know the exact number, but it is several thousand. If I had to guess, I'd say around 4 thousand, maybe 5.

Nope, the F-16 is far cheaper and possibly more versatile than the F-15, over 4,426 F-16's have been built, 2,401 of which are now being flown by pilots not serving the United States.

According to Wikipedia there are approximately 824 F-15's, including all varients, which have been built or ordered for pruduction.

Damien435 said:
According to Wikipedia there are approximately 824 F-15's, including all varients, which have been built or ordered for pruduction.

I know that number is wrong because at least 1500 have been produced for the US over the years.

PJ24 said:
I know that number is wrong because at least 1500 have been produced for the US over the years.
And your evidence? Find me some proof and I will admit my error.

I am not sure, but I think my numbers might now include the F-15E's, but even then we still have a large discrepency.

Damien435 said:
And your evidence? Find me some proof and I will admit my error.

I am not sure, but I think my numbers might now include the F-15E's, but even then we still have a large discrepency.

It isn't a competition guy. You don't have to believe me, and you don't have to admit any error. No biggie.

The number Wikipedia gives is way too low for total worldwide production, now if it's talking only recently, sure, but not total.

Just check out the production lists.

"More than 1,500 F-15s are in service worldwide with the US Air Force, US Air National Guard and the air forces of Israel, Japan and Saudi Arabia, including over 220 F-15E fighters."
Acording to airforce-technology.com

Damien435 said:
Hey, I said approximately, which in this case means give or take 1,000.

:lol:

Current USAF inventory for the F-15 is about 522, including ANG, and for the F-15E, 217.

Yes, and there in lies the problem, Wikipedia listed the numbers that were produced in the US, served in the US armed forces, and were sold overseas, not versions that were produced outside the US, most notably the 223 F-15J's. That's my bad for not reading carefully enough.

Back