US Calls UK Para's To Baghdad

I like to hear good stories from the mother land :) UK troops are some of (if not the) finest troops in the world.

Does'nt surprise me Lee as i work there and in the team i'm with 5 out of the 9 are 'Skygods', a day does'nt go by when the word "Hat" is banded about. But its alright mate you know what they say about Paras mate? "My Bodies a temple..but yer Brains a brick! (LOL)

interesting how others in world media see US troops....

"But they don't have their hair cuts 'high and tight', don't strut around like Americans (done by me) and are certainly not trying to speak with American accents. They are loving it with all the American kit, and you can't keep them out of the PX shop [US military duty-free shops]."

The writer is implying that US troops are w"But they don't have their hair cuts 'high and tight', don't strut around like Americans and are certainly not trying to speak with American accents. They are loving it with all the American kit, and you can't keep them out of the PX shop [US military duty-free shops].

The author is implying with innuendo that US troops are Waffen-SS....

Blackwatch said:
The writer is implying that US troops are w"But they don't have their hair cuts 'high and tight', don't strut around like Americans and are certainly not trying to speak with American accents. They are loving it with all the American kit, and you can't keep them out of the PX shop [US military duty-free shops].

The author is implying with innuendo that US troops are Waffen-SS....

I don't see that as the case at all. What the reporter is trying to do though, is compare conventional troops with those supporting SOF directly. Grooming standards are a bit more lax for SOF and those supporting over there.

It's just another case of the civilian press not understanding the military.

The fact that our conventional guys are required to keep to grooming standards doesn't make them in any way similar to the SS, nor does the fact that they are often open and in the public eye while performing security patrols (what I figure he meant by "strutting"). And well, ever heard a Brit try to talk with an American accent? It's like listening to a drunken mobster, they just don't tend to do that well, so why would they even try?

Whhhatt oh Maary Porpins!

ha-ha! not arf PJ, Jason Statham in the 'Transporter' has got to be the worst American accent since Dick van Dyke tried to be a cockney in Mary Poppins! priceless! Anyway dont be to perturbed about British News papers as they've always been a bit 'Jingoistic' when it comes to the UK forces. And after all a little bit of rivaly is good for keeping the "Edge", anyway lads whats it like being the second best fighting force in the world? (Te-He!)

Back